(Ch: 27) Home Sweet Home

Cora Greer's P.O.V:

I woke up with a groan. 

Damn, everything fucking hurts.

I opened my eyes only to be fucking blinded by the bright light.

''Fucking Hell.'' I muttered, moving the back of my hand in front of my eyes to shield them. I sat up cautiously and looked around. I slowly came to realize that I was in a hospital and suddenly everything came back.

A gasp escaped my lips as I swung my legs over the bed, ignoring the stab of pain that shot up my leg, and limped over to the door.

I tried the handle but it was locked so I began pounding my fists on the door. ''Hey! Let me out of here!'' I yelled in frustration.

Someone unlocked and opened the door. ''Hey, you're finally up.'' Louis said looking down at me. I was barefoot so I looked even tinier in comparison to his towering figure.

''Where's Harry? Is he okay? I need to see him!'' I cried in a worried voice as I tried to push past him but he blocked my way.

''He's fine, Cora. He's just resting. The doctor said he was lucky that the bullet missed all the organs. Harry should be ready to leave by tomorrow.'' he smiled assuringly.

I felt comforted by his words but I still wanted to see him.

''Can't I see him? I won't disrupt his sleep, I promise-'' I begged.

''Let the poor girl see him, Lou.'' A voice said over his shoulder. It was Zayn.

Louis pursed his lips and moved aside in defeat. I started to walk out into the hallway but stumbled and almost fell face first to the ground. 

Luckily, Louis caught me by the arm.

''Try not to kill yourself before Harry wakes up, will ya?'' He chuckled.

I grinned sheepishly. Zayn came with a wheelchair and helped me into it before pushing me towards Harry's room.

To my relief, Harry was sleeping peacefully. He had a bruise on his cheek but other than that he seemed fine.

''I've asked the nurse to move you into this room so don't worry too much, kay?'' Zayn said softly.

''Wow, why are you guys being so nice to me'' I chuckled.

''W-well, we're grateful for you saving our asses back there.'' Louis admitted.

''Yeah, you were a total badass, Cora.'' Niall said coming into the room.

I chuckled, blushing. ''Awww, shucks.'' I grinned.

''Also, it was very sweet what you said back there, about us being your family.'' Liam smiled.

''Could've sworn I saw Zayn tearing up-'' Louis teased. Zayn jabbed his elbow in Louis' ribs to shut him up as everyone chuckled.

''What's everyone laughing about?'' Harry said, finally stirring into consciousness. 

I nearly jumped out of my wheelchair and pounced onto him.

''You're awake!'' I squealed, hugging him. He chuckled. ''I think so. You okay, kitten?'' he smiled, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

''Perfect.'' I smiled. ''Let's go home, guys. I'm fucking tired of staying at this bloody hospital.'' Harry grinned.

*            *            *           *          *

We reached home in a few minutes and I was glad to be back. After a long hot bath, I dressed up into a cute  periwinkle chiffon midi summer dress with thin straps after throwing the previous slutty dress into the paper shredder.

I walked out into the hall with my hair still dripping wet down my back, making the back of my dress cling to me. ''Harry? Where are you guys?'' I called out when I saw the hallway completely empty.

''In the lounge, kitten.'' I heard Harry call out. I followed his voice into the lounge and was surprised to see the guys blowing balloons.

''What the fuck?'' I laughed. ''We thought we should celebrate bringing you back.'' Louis grinned.

''Well, I kinda brought myself back after saving ya'lls asses and shooting Jesse in the legs. Speaking of which, what the fuck happened to him?'' I asked, suddenly realizing I'd forgotten about him.

''Oh yeah, when you and Harry were at the hospital we were kinda bored waiting for you guys to wake up so we tortured him to death.'' Zayn said nonchalantly. 

''Oh... cool.'' I shrugged and grabbed a balloon to blow it up. 

''Also, we're the biggest gang of America now.'' Harry grinned. ''Woah, no way. Congratulations Harry!'' I exclaimed, hugging him.

We had a karaoke party till like 2 in the morning. 

Harry and I sang ''The Cigarette Duet'' together and had the time of our fucking lives

We also found out that Zayn and Louis couldn't sing if their lives depended on it. All in all it was a very memorable night.

It feels good to be back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry today's chapter was short and kinda boring but I guess they deserve a normal uneventful day after going through s much drama, lol.

Next chapter's probably gonna be the last one although I might add a bonus chapter too.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS!!!