Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Addison and Meredith and the perils of menstruation.

"I can't believe we forgot to take today off," Meredith groans as she limps into the kitchen.

"Tell me about it!" Addison groans as she downs another cup of coffee.

"When we get home we can have a bubble bath. And then everything will be better," Meredith sighs as she inhales another cup of coffee also.

"Yes, please."

This time Meredith drives because Addison can hardly move, and they arrive at work disheveled.

"Good morning ladies," Mark smirks at their missed hair thinking of something dirty.

"Stop looking at us like that Mark we are suffering," Meredith says while nuzzling into Addison's shoulder protectively.

"Oh," Mark nods and apologizes, and tries to walk away calmly from the situation.

"Dr. Sloan, you'll be working with Dr. Montgomery and Dr. Grey for a case this morning," Bailey says as she puts a chart in Mark's hands.

"Yes, Dr. Bailey," Mark nods his head in respect.

"And Dr. Shepherd will be joining you," says Bailey, and then she slaps him teasingly on the hand when he mumbled under his breath "perfect."

"Good morning doctors," Derek arrives with a cheerful smile.

"Morning..." Meredith and Addison grumble in tandem.

"Is there something wrong?" Derek asks them outright.

"No." Meredith deadpans.

"Why does something always have to be wrong?" Addison asks in an accusing tone.

"Oh no I didn't mean that, just if there were then..." Derek trails off, shaking his head at himself.

"They're both... Y'know..." Mark leans over to whisper in Derek's ear while gesturing at Meredith and Addison.

"Don't talk about us like we're not here," Addison frowns.

"Right, what she said," says Meredith.

"Sorry," Derek sighs.

"We're just menstruating! We've got blood coming out of our vaginas! Do you have a problem with vaginas!?" Meredith bursts out.

"No-" says Derek.

"No of course I don't-" says Mark.

"Vaginas aren't here just for you to enjoy, they cause us pain. And give us babies. Except mine doesn't easy because it's apparently hostile but it still causes me intense cramping. You try operating with intense cramping!" Meredith gasps.

"Well, one time I-" Mark begins before he receives a glare from Addison.

"Do not make this about you!" says Addison.

"Right, sorry," says Mark.

"Is there anything we can do for you?" Derek asks them.

"Now that's what we're talking about," says Addison.

"Do you have chocolate cupcakes?" Meredith asks them.

"Well, not now, I mean we're in an O.R..." says Derek.

"Useless," Meredith huffs.

"We can get some after at the bakery," suggests Mark.

"We're going to have a bath after," says Addison.

"Ooh, together?" Mark smirks.

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS," says Meredith.

"Definitely together," Addison whispers to Meredith, and they both share a lovey-dovey look with each other.

"I have an idea, is there any way that we can get some chocolate cupcakes in here?" Derek asks the crowd.

"My niece owns a bakery on fifth," nurse Bokhee pipes in.

"Any way she would be able to fill an order for us?" Derek asks her. "I know my credit card number by heart," he shrugs.

"You are a good man," says Bokhee.

"I like to think so," says Derek proudly.

"Don't push it," says Bokhee.

"Yes, Bokhee," says Derek.

Shortly after, a round of chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing appears at the door, and Mark and Derek cover for Meredith and Addison to go take a snack break.

"Alright, just a little bit left," Mark says when the two women begin the surgery again.

"Thank goodness," says Meredith.

"Yeah," says Addison.

"You know, now I'm in the mood to punch something," says Addison.

"I know right?" Meredith says, as they both walk out of surgery.

"DR. SLOAN AND DR. SHEPHERD, YOU TWO NEED TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET RIGHT THIS MINUTE. YOU BOTH HAVE PATIENTS, AND WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING IN THERE!?" Bailey bellows at them.

"We were hiding, Meredith and Addison were just saying they wanted to punch something, and we're their exes so we thought we might be likely targets," Mark explains.

"Oh please," says Bailey. "And if neither of you has a mocha latte then I suggest you get back to work right this instant," Bailey puts her foot down.

"Going," says Mark.

"Just a second," says Derek.

"I'll put in an order for a mocha latte for you," Mark offers, for Bailey.

Meanwhile, Meredith and Addison head home right away to run themselves a bubble bath.

"Ah, that wasn't so bad," says Addison as she slips in next to her girlfriend.

"No, it was okay, we might have scared Mark and Derek," Meredith giggles.

"Oh, they're used to it by now," Addison laughs.

"Probably," says Meredith.

"You know, suddenly I'm really horny," says Addison.

"Oh yeah, me too," says Meredith.

"Want to make out like teenagers," says Addison.

"Definitely," says Meredith.

"This is one of the perks of the cycle," says Addison," as she kisses her girlfriend.

"Yes," says Meredith, as she moves to sit on Addison's lap.

They enjoy their kisses and their bubble bath for a little while before they crawl into bed with each other.

"Do you think we should actually book these days off next month though?" Meredith asks Addison.

"It was kinda fun terrorizing the boys," says Meredith.

"True," says Addison.

"We could use a vacation though," says Meredith.

"We could," says Addison.

"Let's see how we feel in the morning," says Meredith.

"Agreed."

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN