Nation

I wrote this for more myself for anything for some sense of closure to me.
________________________

It's been weeks.

Since America Passed away. Everyone was effected. Although who wouldn't it effect. A nation killing themselves wasn't common. Especially a nation so young.

They had spent a while planning out the funeral. Mainly England, France and Canada worked on it. Other nation tried to help but they insisted they were fine on their own.

When the time finally came the funeral was beautiful. They had allowed open coffin.

Arthur looked at Alfred. To him Alfred resembled a sleeping child. Innocent and delicate in slumber.

His baby brother was never waking up though.

After a few days Americas close friends and family were isolated in their hotel rooms for days. Other nations visited the ones who needed someone to cry on.

They couldn't leave to their home countries yet. They still had to find the new personification.

America was still an active country so of course a new one was going to be born.

How was old was he going to be when born? No nation knows, but most likely as a baby like when nations are first born.

The problem is finding him or her.

They knew they would have to search the Capitol of the country.

Washington DC.

Not only is the city huge but a dangerous place.

Little nations also hide from anyone they see. They can stay in the same spot for hours until they feel safe or a nation finds them.

Many agreed to help find the new personification no matter how much Britain insisted on doing it on his own.
___________________________
It's nearing a week since the funeral.

Arthur has done as much as he could to find the new personification. Currently it was six in the morning when he heard a knock at the door.

Arthur had been staying at Alfred's house the past few days to keep it clean and tidy.

It didn't feel the same without america there. It was quiet. He forgot how the nations laughter and smile brought so much life to places.

When he opens the door France is there. Even though Francis and Arthur don't get along all the time this is Francis and Arthur.

England and France don't get a long.

Not Arthur and Francis. They are there for each other when needed.

"Good morning Arthur"

"Good morning to you as well Francis. Would you like to come in for some tea?"

It was early and they didn't need to be in Washington till seven so a good cup of tea wouldn't hurt.

Arthur already had water in to make tea which he was waiting to finish heating up. Francis and Arthur take there seats a table in the kitchen.

It was a circle table meant for a small family's.

There were four seats. One for Arthur, Francis, Matthew and... Alfred.

"Arthur... How have you been doing"

"Better I guess... Getting over this is hard. I still feel im the cause of all this. I was the one who pulled the last string that blew him over the edge"