3.

"Hey, are you okay?!".

"What are you doing here?".

She expected him to still be high in his emotions but she most definitely did not expect him to sneer at her like this.

"I- Uhm I just wanted to check up you", Hazel mutters while staring at her hands.

His tensed up body, his clenched jaw intimidate her in a way she never was before. His eyes are so dark and his face looks hard and cold, not as soft and warm as it usually does.

"You should go".

"How long are you planning on-".

He interrupts her. "You should go".

"We can't keep keep this a secret forever and you know that. Pretending none of this happened isn't gonna make this go away".

"Just go".

"But George-".

"JUST GO! YOU-", George clears his throat, forcefully pulls her closer to him and quietly sneers. "You ruined my life. Just stay away from me so you at least can't make it worse".

Tears prickle in Hazel's eyes.  How in the world is this her fault?

She inhales sharply, her breath hitching as she does so. She's trying so hard to stand her ground but he's really good an making her feel like this is indeed somehow her fault.

"I ruined your life?! How about you ruined mine!" Hazel hisses, pulling her wrist out of his tight grip. "You might be outstanding in lying to your girlfriend but I'm not!".

She gently caresses the bruised skin on her wrist where he held her. 

It's been a week.

A week of seeing colours. It's a whole new world and she can't share her experiences with anyone.

A whole week of lying to Lando.

Lying to Charlotte and Carmen whom she became friends with and texted with nearly every day.

It was the worst week of her life.

It's the fact that George can't seem to be bothered by all of this at all that really frustrates Hazel.

It's either that or he's just really good in lying, which is also not a great asset.

"Did I hurt you?", suddenly his dark eyes turn soft and worried.

"Don't worry, a little bruise on my wrist is the least of my problems right now", she retaliates before turning her back on George and walking away.

On her way back to the McLaren hospitality she runs into Carmen.

Just great.

"Hey have you spoken to George yet?", she sounds worried. Can't blame her, it was a big crash.

It feels weird to Hazel that she checked up on George before his own girlfriend did. However, at the end of the day he is her soulmate. She can't have him die on her.

"He might be feeling a little sore after the adrenaline goes back down but other than that he's fine, just a little moody". Hazel tries her best to flash Carmen a genuine smile.

Just a little moody

That's quite the understatement.

"I better go check on him", she says before walking off in a rush.

"Yeah you better", hazel mumbles to herself as she continues walking.

She enters the McLaren motorhome and sits back down in her chair.

The vibes in here instantly puts her in a better mood. It looks like Lando is gonna get his second podium today! 

Hazel is on her way to the pitlane to celebrate Lando's podium. He fought really hard to maintain his P2 but unfortunately Hamilton was faster than him and had drs.

While she waits for him to arrive she grabs her phone and sees she received some messages from George.

I'm so sorry
I didn't mean to treat you like that

Is your hand okay?

Congrats on your boyfriend's podium btw.

Hazel doesn't know what the hell to think of this so she decides to let it be for now, she'll reply to him later. 

She wants to fully focus on Lando now. Give him all her attention.

But even while she embraces Lando in a tight hug her mind is still at George and his dark piercing eyes. In a way it frightened her yet in another way it didn't at all.

Because even though he looked at her like that, deep down she knew he would never hurt her.

Do you hear yourself talking right now?

He bruised her wrist.

But he didn't do it on purpose!

Her mind is going places, luckily Lando is celebrating with his team and didn't notice.

She can't keep doing this for much longer.

It's been only 8 days and it's been killing her.

She smiles as Lando receives his trophy.

The champagne moment is her favourite moment. She really likes the song, it makes her happy for some odd reason.

Lando grabs the champagne bottle, smashes it on the podium and the white foam (?) comes spraying out.

Way better than the usual shaking and spraying that the other drivers do.

~~

You might be outstanding in lying to your girlfriend but I'm not.

Her voice still echos through his mind as he watches her storm off.

The truth is, he's not. These past 8 days have been killing him.

He can't even look at Carmen anymore since he's scared that she can see the guilt in his eyes.

His mind is still thinking of Hazel as Carmen rushes into the garage and hugs him tightly.

He hurt her.

Both physically and mentally.

Not exactly the way you're supposed to treat your soulmate. Or any woman for that matter.

George groans which make Carmen quickly take a step back. "Omg did I hurt you? Are you in pain?", her worried brown eyes look up at him.

"No im just frustrated".

At least he isn't lying to her this time.

"About the crash?".

"Yeah", he sighs quietly.

Now that's a lie.

At this point he couldn't care less about the crash. Shit like that happens in racing.

He just really feels the need to apologise to Hazel for his behaviour but he's scared she won't wanna talk to him anymore.

You should wait till after the podium celebrations.

He knows he should but he can't.

A couple minutes later his feeling get validated. She read his messages but didn't respond.

George groans once again.

He messed up.