The Unforseeable Trip Pt.1

Author's Note:
This is a multiple part chapter that takes place over three to four chapter. It will start of with Kiara and her view on what's happening then go to Shane's view on what's happening then Nyko's view on what is happening.

Kiara's POV

I rolled to my left side and felt a warm body next to me. I wrapped my arm around Shane and snuggled my face into her neck.
"Mommy?" Nyko's voice was quiet. I jolted up realizing it was Nyko next to me and not Shane. How did she get in here?
"Yes baby?"
"Can we go to the park today?" Her arms wrapped around me before she pulled me closer to her.
"I'll talk to Mama about it today before she leaves for work okay?" I rubbed her back.
    "Okay!"
    I sighed and rolled out of bed scratching my head. I felt Nyko's weight shift from behind me to beside me. Her big eyes looked up at me and blinked. Her long lashes covered part of her eyes. Nyko's hair was a mess and looked all tangled. My immediate thought was the first night she was here. Her long hair was tangled after her bath so I brushed through it and braided it into two braids. I smiled at the thought before going out to the kitchen.
    The light of the fridge hurt my eyes when I pulled the door open. I glanced at the stove to see it was five-thirty in the morning. Oh god. Today is going to suck. In the weeks I've spent with Nyko, I've learned that when she gets up before 7 she is hard to handle. She gets whiny, tired, and throws fits over everything. Last Tuesday she refused to eat the dinosaur chicken nuggets because they didn't have Velociraptors in them. Then she threw a fit because she had to take a bath with the unscented bubbles instead fo the scented ones and she screamed when going to bed because it was two minutes before her bedtime.
    I rubbed my eyes and grabbed the jug of milk and poured myself a glass. I heard little footstep behind me.
    "Can I have some?" Nyko pointed to the milk and gave me the set of puppy dog eyes that I can't refuse.
    "Baby, milk makes your tummy hurt."
    "Peaaaaaaaaaaase?" She stuck her bottom lip out and beat her lashes at me. I gave in.
    "A small sip. That's it. Very, very small." She took my glass from me and took them smallest sip I've ever seen before trying to drink it all in one gulp which resulted in her spilling the milk everywhere. I glared at her before grabbing the glass. She gave me a cheesy smile and threw her hands behind her back. "Go sit at the table. Now." I clenched my jaw and rummaged through the drawers for a towel.
    By time I got the mess cleaned up Shane was awake and had volunteered to clean Nyko up. When I peeked into the bathroom Shane was playing with Nyko in the bath.
    "Shane." I gave her the 'I need to talk to you voice'. She got up and followed me out of the bathroom. "What are you doing?"
    "Cleaning her up." She shrugged.
    "No. You are allowing her to play and get a bath when she went against something I told her to do and made a huge mess. She doesn't need to be play or getting a bath. She needs to be given a shower."
    "Kiara, relax. She didn't mean to dump the drink." She motioned into the bathroom.
    "I told her to take a small drink and instead she tries to drink all of it and then dumps its all over herself and the floor." I crossed my arms, starting to get angry.
    "Okay so we punish her with getting a shower instead of a bath? When both will get her clean? I don't see the big deal Kiara."
    "The big deal is that you are rewarding her behavior by letting her play." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.
    "Okay, I'm sorry. I understand and it won't happen again." She turned and walked back into the bathroom. A couple minutes later I hear sniffling and the tub draining. I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. I hate being in the reasonable adult. The shower started running so I went and sat down in the living room.

    Once Nyko and I were ready to leave for the park Nyko was trying to decide which sunglasses she should take with her.
    "But I want to take the yellow ones." She complained.
    "So take the yellow." I grabbed them and handed them to her.
    "But what if I want to wear the purple ones when we get there?" Nyko grabbed the purple ones.
    "Okay, so how about we take both? That way if you want to wear one in the car and a different one at the park you can switch them out since we will have both." I grabbed both pairs and handed to my little. She beamed up at me and nodded her head causing her hair to bounce around. "So are we ready to go?"
    "Yep!"
    "Alright, let's go!" I got up packed up in the car with all of the possible what if tools, Shane was worried about before she left for work. I had convinced her to let me take the first aid kit, sunscreen, and the things Nyko would need for when in and out of little space.
    While Nyko played on the playground with the other kids I watched two birds dance around each other. Nyko screamed causing me to jerk my head back up to see her being chased by another kid. I relaxed again and smiled this time keeping my eyes glued to her. I'll be damned if she gets into a situation like last time we got separated. She ran around for a while before coming over to me for a drink. Her cheeks were red and her hair was drenched in sweat.
    "Why don't you sit and rest for a little before going back to play Sweetie." I patted the seat next to me which she frowned and sat in.
    "Why can't I go play? All the other kids are still playing." She crossed her arms and stared at the ground.
    "Because your cheeks are all red and you look like your tired. So you're going to rest for a little bit then you can go back and play." I rubbed her back and handed her cup back to her. After a few minutes she had chugged the water in it then looked at me with big eyes. I smiled.
    "Can I go play now?"
    "I suppose. But if you get thirsty or too hot you come back and sit down again."
    A few minutes later the kids all gathered in a circle. I cocked my head and got up trying to figure out what they were doing. Without realizing it my eyes were searching through the people trying to find Nyko. A few parents got up and jogged to the circle before disappearing. I couldn't find Nyko in the group from this far away and then noticed all of the kids are shorter than Nyko.
    "Oh my god! Nyko!" I ran over to the group and pushed my way through to the center. A woman was on the ground with her phone up to her ear saying the someone had passed out. Fear ran through my body as I fell to the ground and gathered Nyko's limp body. "Nyko? Honey please wake up." I cupped her cheek in my hand and felt how hot she was. I could hear sirens wailing and people yelling to get out of the way.
    I held on to Nyko until the paramedics pulled me away from her. They let me sit in the back of the ambulance with Nyko so i could hold her hand. My hand was shaking as I pulled out my phone and dialed Shane's number. The phone kept ringing. She wasn't picking up. I tried for the fifth time and finally she picked up.
    "Kiara, why are you calling? I'm kind of busy with work right now. There is an incoming trauma so I have to go."
    "Shane, it's us." Silence fell between us.
    "What do you mean?"
    "We are the trauma. Well, Nyko is. She passed out at the park and we are on our way to the hospital." The vehicle stopped and the doors flew open. I turned and came face to face with Shane. Her eyes were filled with terror and tears when I looked at her.