chapter 2: 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞?

"y/n."
"y/n, darling. "
• • •
"y/n! wake up!"

𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐘, i frightened woke up from my dreamless, yet deep sleep and looked around pretty much, lost.
my mom shook her hand in front of my face to gain my attention.

"godness y/n, you are a heavy sleeper. how will you be able to sleep when we get home?" - my mom asked picking up our things and getting ready to leave the plane
"..don't worry about that.." -i yawned before i could say another word. i slowly got up from my place and picked up a bag
"alright, alright. though you don't seem as excited as you were before."

i looked at her confused, trying to understand what she was saying.
'huh..? what does she mean by that- wait, i am home.'
sudden realization hit me harder than a rock.
my eyes got wide, and even if i wanted to, i couldn't control that smile that was forming on my face from such happiness i felt.
my mom chuckled and finally spoke as we were leaving the aeroplane: "ah, i see you are fully awake now."

"we are actually here! i can't believe it! wait, what time it is? and can osana-chan come over?"
"well, right now, it's around 8:11 pm, and yes, y/n, osana can come over. she can even sleep over if her parents allow her, i don't mind. we are moving to our old house anyway."

i squealed with happiness and nodded in response. not wasting another second. i grabbed my phone from a bag and called osana.

"osana!"
"y/n! have you finally arrived? how was the flight? tell me everything!"
y/n laughed at osana's excitement, though she wasn't any better than her.
"yes! we are about to leave an airport and osana can you come over? you can even sleep over, we are moving back to our old house!"
"wait, no way! of course i will. what kind of question is that?! can't wait to see you! i will get everything ready, send me a message when you arrive!"
"oh yes! i definitely will! gotta go now, bye."
"i will crush every bone in your body when i hug you, bye!"

before you could reply to your friend's last but concerning comment, she hung up and left you smiling at your phone like crazy.

。*:☆:゜。:゜☆。☆。

tap..
tap..
tap..
tap..

you tapped with your nails against the car door, counting every single minute and second that passed by and getting more nervous and impatient at the same time.

suddenly the car stopped and you opened the door without thinking twice as you saw a huge illuminated and modern looking house.
a bunch of old memories hit you. as you looked at it more and more, you got flashbacks when the three of you played in a garden and didn't know when was enough.
the feeling inside of you was warm and safe. it finally felt like you were home.
keeping your eyes glued to it, without even saying anything. just standing there and admiring the beauty.

"who would have thought we would actually get back here after good five years?" - your mother spoke gently, but it seemed like she was hurt
your mood kind of dropped as you heard her voice.
she was arrogant and selfish, for sure ,but she wasn't a robot, and you knew this break up hurt more than you can imagine.
you gave her a comforting smile and tried to light up a mood
"well, i never thought we would get back, but we both have to admit life in tokyo is way better than any other."
she gave you a weak smile and nodded. it seemed like she wasn't pleased with your answer. turning her back to you and then helping a man to carry your things inside.

as you stepped in, everything was already prepared. house was clean, warm, illuminated, and it smelled great.
you threw yourself at the couch you loved the most and excitedly took your phone out.