𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼

To say it was weird for Nagi to feel this ecstatic was an understatement.

Of course, he was well aware he loved winning. It was the only thing that made video games fun in the first place. But, he'd never felt so victorious as he did when he practically heard the defeat drip off the word's of the opponent he'd run into at the mall.

Video games were really the only thing he got invested in like that, pouring too much emotional investment into anything else was just a bother for him.

And now he got to go back to the fated store to accept his oh-so-precious prize. The jump in his step was nearly impossible to spot, the childish grin on his face faint. Simply arrogant glee.

He walked down the slightly dilapidated building, checking the stationed clock quickly to make sure he was on time.

12:07. 

To his defense, he'd tried to get there on time, at least a little bit. He woke up earlier to make sure he had enough time to check if his shoes were tied correctly. At least a D+ for effort.

Not really giving it the time of day, he continued walking toward the shabby game store. When he looked up from the gum-tacked floor, he spotted your slouched form outside the shop. You had your neck strained down to look at your phone, your foot tapping incessantly against the stained linoleum. 

He walked up to you from behind, tapping lightly twice on the crook of shoulder to gain your attention. Your frame shot up straight, quickly turning around and stuffing your phone into your pocket. Once you registered it was him who disturbed you, your posture deflated once again and your expression tightened.

"Why are you late?" you asked, an annoyed edge to your tone. Although, that seems to be the only way he's ever heard your voice.

Nagi paused for a second, did he: a) answer honestly and piss you off more or b) lie and maintain your only moderately bitter mood.

A, obviously.

"I slept in."

And, oh god, was it fun for him to watch the way your face went slack in disbelief, "You...you slep- right. Whatever. Let's go get your stupid game," you sighed.

He snickered silently to himself as he followed you into the store, shuffling behind you into the isles. Once the pair of you had reached the shelf where he'd shoved Bulletville, you reached up and pushed away the other games he used to cover it, pulling it out from the confinement. You frowned slightly as you brought it back down to you, Nagi could only assume you were upset to not be buying the last copy for yourself. Sucks.

You looked up from the game to send him a glare, to which he returned with a quick, gloating curve of the lips. Your arms dropped back down to the sides of your body, game still in grip, and your turned around to head for the cashier. Taking the hint, he followed behind you, once again, and waited patiently to the side as you set Bulletville down next to the register.

The lady behind the counter scanned the cover, pausing her gum-chewing to read off the price from the machine, "That'll be 5,400 yen."

You slowly reached your hands into your back pocket, digging out your wallet for the money. Nagi felt like he aged two decades waiting for you to take out the funds, you were sure taking your sweet time. Probably stalling from making your loss a true reality.

You finally had it all in your fist, and you turned your head away, looking at the opposite wall as you slid it across the counter to the employee. "Just...take it," you said bitterly.