Chapter 7

AN: Thank you so much for 1k reads! Also, this chapter is -cough- eventful. Be prepared to be mad at characters, be introduced to a new character, and see my plot slowly unravel. 

3rd Person 

Aru looked at his Instagram live. She saw that over one thousand people just watched him be obsessed with himself. 

"Uh, I'm Aru," she said as she placed his phone on a table near the couch and sat down. Comments started flowing in on who she was and what she was doing with Aiden's phone. 

Aiden tossed her back her phone and took back over his own. "Sorry about her. And to be more specific, she is Princess Arundhati Shah of Byburn. 

Aru immediately texted her friends. 

Aru: I have wifi!

Diana: Yeah, I know. I see you in Prince Aiden's live! 

Maddyx: I'm with Diana at the moment and girl! You look amazing! 

A: You're in Acharya's live? Why? You two are the world's worst best friends. 

M: Sorry, but he's so cute!

D: Fischer looks better. 

A: Talking about Fischer. He wants to see you again soon ;) 

D: HE DOES?!

A: Uh-huh.

D: BRB! I GOTTA GO FREAK OUT WITH MADDYX!

Aiden read most of the comments aloud. "Is she my-" He stopped. 

"Is who what?" Aru asked, looking up from her phone. She turned it off and sat closer to Aiden. 

"They want to know if you're my girlfriend," he choked. 

"Ew, no!" she screeched. "I mean, Acharya is a great dude and all but he's not for me, thanks," she gagged. 

"Okay, stop calling me Acharya on my lives. They think it's a cute nickname now."

"I only call him Acharya because he calls me Shah," Aru said. She saw Diana's comments pop up. 'I shipppp!' and 'Y'all are adorbs.' 

Aru rolled her eyes and scooched away from Aiden. 

"Besides, guys. I already have my eye on someone else."

Aru's eyes widened, then a wave of shock and disappointment washed over her. It felt as if someone had punched her in her gut. "Who-who's the lucky lady?" she managed to get out. 

"A girl named Kara. She lives back home, and she lives in the palace. In my nation, we share a castle with another royal family," he said to Aru. "She's also homeschooled because she's so intelligent."

"Oh. Uh, excuse me, please," she said. She tucked her phone into her backpack and walked out of the chambers. 

She stopped outside of his door and leaned against the wall. So many questions came flooding to mind. Why was she feeling like that? She didn't like Aiden, right?

He acted like a jerk to Aru, and he always teamed up against her with Rudy. She, herself had called him arrogant, obnoxious, cocky, and immature. Were any of those things a lie? Nope. So the main question she had was, 'Why did I feel so wretched when Aiden said he liked another girl?'

He always made her feel like a second-class citizen if that. Was it because the past few days he had acted in a kind manner? 

Aru's mind ran with very confusing feelings going every which way.