The American Life

Audelia's pov:

It's been two days since we first arrived in America. We have been staying home these two days and it's getting really boring. So Andre and I decided to go shopping for some stuff. I wore a tight light blue jeans with a white crop top and took a denim jacket in case it was cold in the mall. I really hate the cold.

We decided to make use of our time in America and buy some things that we could not purchase back in Italy.

But it's kind of bad shopping here too. Since the prices are higher compared to the ones in Italy. I mean we are rich. But we were brought up in ways to only spend money wisely. We use most of the money our mafia gang makes for donations to the poor.

We are the most ruthless and most feared mafia in the world but we are generous when it comes to people who are struggling with financial problems. As my dad said before, only the bad should fear us.

"Let's go Audelia. The taxi has arrived outside the house."
Andre said as we both got into the taxi and went to the nearest shopping mall.

We entered the mall as we parted our ways to buy our own clothing.

Here I come, Calvin Klein. I smiled at the woman who was standing at the entrance as I walked in the shop.

We could find Calvin Klein back in Italy but it is not as good as America. I was choosing the outfits when someone spoke from the behind of me.

"Hello miss. Would you like to tell me what you're looking for?"
I turned around and saw the same sweet woman from before at the entrance.

"Oh hi. I'm looking for a simple outgoing dress but I can't seem to find one. Would you please like to help me."
I politely smiled at her as she nodded.

"Here, miss."
She lead the way to another department which I believe is the dress section. I widened my eyes looking at the dresses. God there were so many. And they were all gorgeous. Oh dear God, I might overspend if I see any of these dresses.

"Umm, miss. Would you mind showing me your best dress. I'm afraid I would buy the whole store if I search for it."
I nervously said scratching the the back of my head. The woman laughed at me as she spoke.

"Alright then. I'll take you to the best one."
She lead me towards a dress and spoke once again.

"This one is my personal favourite. It's a new design and it only came in yesterday. You're the first customer to see it."
I stared in awe at the dress. It was just gorgeous. It was a simple short black dress with a flare skirt. It was just simply beautiful.

"This is beautiful."
I said in amazement.

"I know right."
The woman replied to me.

But my smile disappeared and turned as a frown as I looked at the price.

"450 dollars?"
It's not that I don't have enough money. I have more than enough to purchase it but however, it's not worth it.

I put my hope down as I looked at the woman.

"I'm sorry. I really love it. But I can't purchase it. But thank you very much though."

"Oh it's fine. Come back again when you would want to purchase this dress."
She flashed a smile at me as I waved at her walking out from the store.

Now what should we do. My stomach grumbled as I held it. I'm starving. Let's just find some delicious Italian restaurant if there's one in this mall.

I walked around the mall but I failed to find one. I just gave up and walked up to a burger shop and ordered a burger.

"Delicious."
I muttered with my mouth full of food. I didn't notice I was chewing loudly until one of the customers looked at me with a glare. I put my hand up to appear apologetic. Well, I can't help chewing loudly. This is just delicious and I'm starving. I continued devouring the fat burger as I wondered about Andre.

I wonder what he is doing. Probably in the game arcade wasting money. After finishing the burger, I took my phone out from the back pocket when I remembered something.

Weird, the unknown number didn't text me for days. Wonder what's wrong. As soon as I realised what I was thinking about, I mentally slapped my face. Why should I be worried about that unknown number. It's a good thing he stopped texting me.

I shook my thoughts off as I dialled Andre's number.

"Where are you."
I coldly spoke.

"At the game arcade. Why would you ask?"
He asked in an unbothered tone.

"I knew you were there, you knuckle head. Stop what you're doing and come back to the entrance of the mall. It's getting late and we'll have to leave before the sun goes down."
I spoke looking around the burger shop to see if anyone was looking at me. Well, I needed to be alert. We're in a country we barely know much about and anything can happen to us. In short, we're exposed to any kind of danger.

"Hmm alright. See you there."
I cut the phone call as I paid for the bill and walked out the restaurant. I was waiting at the entrance as I saw Andre from a far distance walking with many small toys in his shopping bag.

I widened my eyes as he approached me.

"What?"
He asked confused.

"Is that all yours?"
I asked still shocked.

"Yeah. I didn't steal it. I won by playing them playing the arcade games. Cool right?"
He looked like a child proud of his accomplishments.

"I'm convinced you're a 7 year old kid with the body of a 20 year old. Let's just leave now. It's getting late."

"Whatever."
He rolled his eyes.

We got into a cab as we got back to the safe house.