Briar

It didn't take me long to reach the secluded sanctuary that was Kaspian's library, immediately feeling a welcoming releif at the familiar atmosphere of the books, situated upon rows and rows of shelves. Had Kaspian arranged these all himself? It wasn't hard imagining the reading-enthuistastic vampire, someone whom I'd leant preferred their own company, neatly arranging each book in their rightful place; only satisfied once each title was ordered impeccably. I was running my hands lovingly down the spine of some old paperbacks, when a clearing of someone's throat announced their presence.
I whirled around a smile wide on my face knowing exactly who it was before I saw them.

'What?' I remarked perplexed when Kaspian still hadn't spoken,'Do I have something on my face?' Even though I hadn't eaten any food for there to be some on me.
'No.' Kaspian assured,'I've just never seen you smile.'
At his words whatever grin I was wearing fell and I studied the floor finding it more
interesting.
'It's been a while since I genuinely smiled.' I admitted not meeting his gaze.
'Did he hurt you?' Kaspian asked the obvious concern in his voice causing my vision to blur with tears.
'No.' I answered blinking them away.
Of cause he knew it was a lie yet he didn't press the issue,'I still haven't got round to reading The Handmaid's Tale.'
I gladly accepted the change of subject with a smile,'Then you're missing out.'
'I know but next time I see you I'll have read it.'
'I'm sure you will.' I agreed,'It's one of those books you come back to read again and again even if it's the hundredth time doing so.'
He laughed,'I'm sorry I showed Jett your poems, I should have asked for your permission first.'
Taken aback by the apology I blinked,'You can read my writing anytime. If I see you again I'll show you how much I've improved.'
Kaspian smiled,'I'd like that very much.'
Suddenly I remembered why I was here in the first place,'Can I see Briar?'
'Of cause you don't need to ask.' He answered,'She should be in her room-third right from the dining hall. She'll appreciate the company.'
'Thank you, Master said he wanted to see you later tonight.' I informed Kaspian whose smile fell.
'Where is he now?' The very mention of his brother seemed to dampen the whole mood.
I felt slightly guilty as I said,'In his room.'
'Okay, thank you for telling me. Also if there's any books you or Briar want to have a look at feel free.'
'Thank you, Kaspian.' I said again turning to leave the library.

Navigation had never been one of my strong points as I'd constantly confused the bearings on map or even compass directions which I still wasn't certain of. Nonetheless, I arrived outside what I hoped was presumably Briar's room knocking on the door gently. There was a frantic shuffling of something crinkly while hurried footsteps headed my way. Peering round the door cautiously like she was looking for someone, Briar surveyed me a mix of curiosity and fear.
'He's not with me; Kaspian said you'd be glad for some company.' I explained noticing her visibly relax when she realised Master wasnt present yet she still looked tense, scared even.
'Of cause, you better come in.' She smiled allowing me to enter.

Shutting the door behind us with a gentle click, Briar turned gesturing to the space  around her,'My rooms a bit of a mess.'
'Its fine.' I assured glancing at some of the numerous sheets of paper scattered across her desk insribed with in a panicky almost-illegible hand. What caught my attention were some swift sketches of luminous red eyes drawn on the backs of discarded card all presibed in small numbers resembling the formats of how dates used to be written.
'Do you like to draw?' I asked trying to engage some sort of pleasant conversation.
'Yes,' Briar replied tucking some drawings under the growing stack of paper,'What about you?'
'The only thing I can draw are birds; I'm more of a writing person.' I said.
'I heard your poems are phenomenal: I could feel the emotion behind every word. I do the same with art, in sketches I mean.'
'Can I see?' I enquired expressing a genuine interest I'd always been fascinated with how different people interpreted the world around them.
'My most recent impressions are in this sketchbook.' She told me handing me the book which I accepted graciously. As I was admiring the numerous drawings of various animals-horses appeared to be a particular favourite of hers-something interesting caught my attention. On a page with the corner folded over like someone had marked it, were loose slips of paper much like the ones I'd spied on her desk. Glancing back and forth, I concluded that these drawings were recent maybe only a few hours old of the same pair of eyes that were vaguely familiar to me. However these ones were full on elaborate detail the irises carefully outlined in pitch-black ink. A shudder wracked my body and I quickly turned the pages over when I noticed Briar's attention shift to me.

Master's Little PetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara