𝕾𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓 ①, 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 ①: 𝒫𝒾𝓁𝑜𝓉

People say the lamest and most boring way to start any story is waking up to the alarm clock. They say it's cliché and doesn't serve any purpose. Well I'm going to start it this way anyway. Because in my mind, it does serve a purpose. My hand reached from beneath the covers and I slammed my hand against the clock.

Unfortunately for me, my powers had to resettle and they decided to do that on the worst week of the month. So I was already cranky even before I fell through my nightstand and landed on the ground, my body intangible with the furniture. I grumbled and stood up, opting to semi-float in the air. Now I have to start my day.

Whatever the hell that will entail. Hopefully nothing too severe. Oh who am I kidding? I'm now part-ghost! Courtesy of my parents and my clumsiness. Oh well. I started to get ready for the day. Taking a shower, getting dressed, washing my face, doing my hair, and brushing my teeth. Not forgetting to spritz my backpack with Bath & Body works perfume and planting a sloppy kiss on the top of my cat (her name is Loki)'s head and racing down the stairs.

I slid into my chair at the family counter in the kitchen. Mom was already making breakfast and my dad was sitting at the actual kitchen table, reading a newspaper and drinking his first morning coffee.

"Are the boys still sleeping, [N/N]?" asked mom as she flipped a pancake in the pan.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Ricky and Race aren't my problem, momma."

Mom sighed before looking at my father. Who knows why. She sighed once more and turned towards me. "Will you be a dear and wake them up for me?"

I let out a whistle and the great big giant furball we call Buddy the dog raced towards the kitcehn from wherever he was during his post-wakeup nap. The dog ran behind the high chairs at the counter before finding me. I gave the dog some head scratches before sending the mangled beast (the boys need to groom him after school) off to my brothers' shared room.

"Kid, we have to talk about your current issue." Dad said before he took a sip of his coffee.

"Issue? What issue?" I took offence to his comment. Like I should.

"He means your predicament, honey." Mom mouthed something to dad that I couldn't quite catch.

Dad folded and set down his newpaper. I'm scared now. He means business. "The one with Kid Danger."

I let out a breath of relief. I thought it would have been worse than that. Luckily it isn't. "What about him?"

"YOU KISSED HIM!" Dad practically screeched at me.

I sighed. "We did not! I told you my side to it!"

"Well Possible and Kid Danger lips touching is smacked on the front page of Daily Swellview!" Dad slapped his copy of the paper.

"Who reads newspapers anymore? I'm fine." I asked him.

"And every major news station from here all the way to Timbuktu." I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's not like we actually kissed. I was helping Captain Man and Kid Danger with Rick Twitler on a runaway train when the train turned and me and Kid fell off the train, rolled in a field, and our lips touched when we stopped rolling. How was I supposed to know there was a drone who took a picture at that exact moment?" I told him.

"Well we have to figure out how to sweep this under the rug before you two kiss again. For real this time. Or the media depicts you're dating Kid Danger." Mom told me as she plated up my pancakes and my side of bacon.

I rolled my eyes before taking the plate and wrapping it up in plastic wrap. "Can we talk about this later? When I haven't just woken up?"

Mom sighed before handing me my Tervis mug with my latest fandom obssession on it. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and walked out of the house with my breakfast and tervis mug in tow.