3. Wonder

Arden Serrano

"Fucking hell!" I said as I kept a hand on my face. Why are the bloody drapes open?!

I slowly took my hands off my eyes and tried adjusting to the extra strong light coming from the window.

After a minute, I fully opened my eyes and realised I was in a hotel room. Jasmine!

I kept a hand on my left side but found nothing. I squinted my eyes and looked at the left side.

She wasn't here. Of course she's gone. Yesterday was just a meaningless hookup.

I wish I would've had a couple of drinks last night. I regret remembering everything about it. Jasmine's beautiful and I'm not gonna lie she's really good in bed. She's way better than many girls that I've slept with in the past. Best, even.

I groaned and gently rubbed my hands on my face, driving away the last remains of sleep off me.

After an array of profanities left my mouth, I got up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

As I walked inside, I saw a neon coloured sticky note on the mirror.

Hey, Arden.

Last night was fun. I'm sorry if it was uncalled for since it totally was for me. If we ever meet again, I hope this night would be something we may be able to joke around about. Hope you have a great day.

Jasmine.

Can she be any cuter?

She even made a small smiley face at the end which unknowingly bought one on my face too.

I took the note and folded it, putting it into my jacket's pocket.

Where even did she get a sticky note from?

I walked into the bathroom once again and took a quick shower. I brushed my teeth with the complimentary brush provided by the hotel.

I wore my clothes from last night and left the hotel. I took my car from the parking and went home.

After changing into a fresh pair of clothes and started making my breakfast. I wanted something simple so I made beans on toast with a cup of strong coffee.

Once I was done with breakfast, I kept my dishes in the basin which will be washed by the maid. She'll arrive at 9 so locking the house door, I drove to my office.

I'm an advocate, counsellor and a consigliere.

Not to blow my own horn but I'm one of the best in the whole state of New York. My law firm is the most successful one in the state.

I parked my Buggati Chiron in my personal parking spot. I made my way up to my office, taking the elevator.

As I arrived on the top floor of the building, my assistant and the best lawyer on my law firm (after me, of course), Jayden Helfer, greeted me.

"Good morning, Mr. Serrano." He said and I returned his greeting.

"I have your schedule ready." He says.

"Great." I sarcastically muttered but kept my voice normal. He gave me a small smile. He has worked with me for the last year or so. He has started understanding my sarcasm.

I have a dry sense of humour.

I can be satirical and sardonic from time-to-time but I'm mostly sarcastic.

We walked to my cabin and I settled on my plush chair. My office is comfortable and welcoming. I specially requested the interior designer to make it that way.

I tend to spend a hell lot of time in here and therefore I wanted it to be as comfy as possible.

"You've got a meeting at 3pm and your brother wants to have dinner with you over Skype. All in all, you've got the morning and the afternoon to yourself." Jayden said.

"Wow. That's odd. I rarely get some time off." I said and he nodded.

"Guess I can't complain. I sure am living the dream, Jay, aren't I?" I said and Jayden stifled a laugh.

"Bring me a cup of cappuccino, will ya?" I said and he nodded.

He came back to my office in under 10 minutes with a cup of cappuccino. I took it from his hands and took a sip.

"Coffee's good? He asked.

"It's just how I like it, hot and rough." I said and Jayden snickered.

"That's what she said." Jayden said and we had a small laugh.

At the mention of that, my mind immediately went to Jasmine. To shake her thoughts off, I took another sip of the coffee.

"Jayden, I gotta tell you, if you continue making these, I might sign over a part of my property to you." I jokingly said.

"Noted, boss. Can't wait." He said and exited my office.

I didn't realise when I drowned all the coffee. I feel energetic and awake and the caffeine helps me a lot to kickstart the day.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Mr. Andy Bianchi wants to have an emergency meeting with you at 10 am today. Shall I agree?" Jayden asked as he peeped through the door.

"Emergency, you say. Sure." I said.

I wonder what's it about?

~ Arden's Office ~

QOTD: Who's your favourite comedic character?

Absconding ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara