Bonus: Back Again

YOUMIN

"You know the drill, love."

I give Taehyung a side glare as I shift the weighted jacket higher up my waist, tightening the straps over my chest. No matter how many times I did it, I'd never ever get to like this five-mile run. Never.

And damn Taehyung. Even without an eye and less of his perfect balance, he was still much more coordinated than me.

"Come on, Youmin."

"Come."

By the fourth mile, I'm back to dying again.

The inside of my throat is already rough from breathing too hard, and my expression squeezes when I hear footsteps catching up to me from behind. It's him— he's already finished the five laps around the mile-long track, and had completely outcircled me.

I falter.

"Youmin."

I feel him stop next to me. Then he pulls me to his chest, forcing me to get back up to my feet. I look up at him, sweat blurring my eyes.

His dark locks are pulled back from his face. And of course he looks barely exhausted, just a faint blush on his pale cheeks from the sun.

"Are you tired?"

I nod, a little surprised at the gentleness of his tone.

Had I gotten too used to him as always pushing me forward? He was my boyfriend now. Did that mean—

He smiles softly.

"One more lap."

Never mind.

With a distraught look, I start running again. My running looks more like hobbling on a broken leg, but I start the final mile, sweat dripping down my back.

Then I feel someone unclasp the jacket from my upper body. A huge breath of relief bursts out of me as Taehyung lifts the weights off— more than thirty kilograms of hard material.

"It's only today." I hear him whisper into my ear as I catch my breath. Without the jacket weighing me down, I feel like I can finish this mile in a breeze.

"Thanks, Tae."

"Then hurry up and finish, Youmin."

"I have plans in mind after this."

_________________________________

"And these are your plans? Seriously?"

He gives me a look as he shifts a knife off the weapon rack. The training hall is empty— it's only the two of us on the blue, sleek mats.

"What did you think I meant?"

"Maybe like a lunch date or something." I mumble to myself as I pull his old knife from my sheath. "Or like a walk. A walk would've been nice, you know."

An amused smile glitters on his lips.

"We can walk. After this."

"No, after this I want to sleep."

"With me?"

"Yeah, obviously." I reply pointedly as I spin the knife between my fingers. "Who else would be my pillow, hm?"

I lunge, twisting my knife towards the side of his body. He avoids my blade easily, like he'd almost expected me to jump at him mid-sentence like that.