Hour 4

" Backspace, rewind, pause," Johannes said. "We're going to fight you?" he laughed.

Mya folded her arms and glared at Johannes.

" No offense, you just look like a nerd. Or act like one. You don't seem like a Katniss Everdeen." he said.

Mya grabbed another staff and tossed it to Johannes. " Since you're so big and bad, you can go first."

He looked down at the staff in his hands then looked at me.

" Maybe you should have kept your mouth shut," I said.

He rolled his eyes and joined Mya in the area of grass that wasn't too far from the fire pit. She stood in a fighting stance and smiled at Johannes.

" C'mon pretty boy." she barked.

Johannes nervously searched for the button Mya pressed to make the staff bigger. Then Mya swiped the staff under his feet and pinned him on the ground. She stayed on top of him then put one hand beside his head and the other on his chest.

" Just a nerd, huh?" Mya said mockingly.

Johannes rolled his eyes. Then he suddenly pressed the button and the staff extended to hit Mya in her face so hard that it made her cheek bleed. She angrily got off Johannes and stood back so he could get up.

" Wait Mya I didn't do that on our-"

Before he could, Mya bolted towards him and attempted to punch I'm in his shoulder but he grabbed her arm and moved her out the way but she turned around and kicked him in the back which made him fall to the ground. She raised her staff in the air and tried to hit him in the head but he rolled over. She removed the staff from the ground and faced Johannes and struck his leg with the staff. Johannes grabbed his leg in pain then let out a loud groan. Mya put the staff at her side and smiled. Johannes's whole attitude changed. He looked down at her feet and Mya noticed because she attempted to move back but he used his foot to trip her. He sat up and grabbed her ankles and pulled her towards him, but in response, Mya yanked her foot from out of his grasp, grabbed his shirt, and pulled him towards her. He smiled then head bumped her. Mya shook off the pain and grabbed his head and mushed it into the ground. She got up and stood over Johannes who was still lying face-first into the ground and grabbed the back of his shirt, pulled him to her stomach, and held the staff to his neck.

" You were saying?" she said confidently.

Johannes repeatedly hit his hand on the ground.

" I tap out, I tap out!" he pleaded.

Mya smiled and let go of his shirt and his body fell to the ground. She got from over his body and stepped over to the side to let him get up. Johannes flipped himself over and began to catch his breath.

" Ok Mya, I get it. You can fight. Who even trained you?"

" Mya dad since I was 10," she responded.

Mya looked back at Clariece who immediately shook her head. Mya laughed and took the staff from out of Johannes's hand and tossed it to Clariece.

" I won't go that crazy on you, honey. Your friend just pissed me off and I had to prove him right."

Clariece sighed in relief.

She walked over to where Johannes was laying and held her hand out.

" I hope you know I'm never letting you live this down." she joked.

Johannes rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand and got up off the ground. He walked past Clariece and gave Mya a stank face as he walked past her and sat down on the log. Mya smiled at me before she walked over to Clariece to train her.