Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm

Deku didn't bother to view the placings after the conclusion of the sports festival, and just plopped on his bed instead. He wasn't exhausted from taking so many notes in one day, since he was already used to that. It was the fact that his mind kept focusing on Todoroki, who eventually didn't have the strength to fight back.

"I wonder what he thinks of Bakugou," Midoriya muttered, sitting up in order to think better. "It doesn't look like they're even acquaintances."

No surprise there. Either way, the more enemies Kacchan had, the easier Deku's job would be. He wondered if any of his classmates called out Bakugou for his villain like behavior yet. Maybe they're different, considering they are aiming to be heroes.

Cutting that idea short, he looked at the time. Still too early. Nothing had to seem like it was rushed, but luckily the time was definitely soon.

He settled to walking around the neighborhood with his head low. However, he had a rule, since it would be likely for him to bump into his past friend. When he was out of his apartment, Izuku Midoriya disappeared. Meaning, he wouldn't go out as himself, but in a disguise. He even went as far as faking IDs just in case.

The fresh air was appreciated, considering he had his criminal and school life to balance. Instead every one of his moves being a part of his plan, he wanted to at least see the light side of this earth, even if it was for the last time.

He slipped into a small convenience store, the lights slightly flickering in the very back. It was clear of any customer, except for a single cashier who was clearly too deprived of sleep. Not even the sound of the door could jolt him awake.

His hood remained covering his face and away from the cameras as he eyed the display. Setting eyes on something sweet, he dug into his pockets with suspicion before letting out a small sigh.

He came into this store flat broke.

His eyes discreetly studied the front of the retail store. The debate in his mind quickly came to an end.

He smiled at the man dozing off sympathetically, bowing his head ever so slightly.

"Guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

With the light in the very back flickering once more, he was on his way.

The boy stopped in his tracks when he saw it. The playground he had only the best fun in with his 'friends'. Despite his own memories, the kids who now played there made the best ones with people within their age group. While the sound of their playfulness was clear in the air, Deku looked at the sky, his stolen treat in hand.

The atmosphere was so comfortable, that he accidentally doze off. The sound of laughter gradually faded in the background.

But eventually, he lazily opened his eyes. However, they quickly laid eyes on his watch, which read 23:47 (or 11:47 PM).

"I'm such an airhead!" Midoriya panicked, his destination obvious.

Despite the door being accessible to him, he still chose his bedroom window out of pure instinct, hopping through the opened window. His foot caught the ledge, and with an even louder thud than last time, he fell flat on his face. He got up filled with determination, as he immediately slid on his computer chair to type.

He looked at his bedroom clock. 23:55. Time still proceeded to slip from his fingers.

He took a deep breath.

First, he had to get rid of the connections to him and put them on someone else. He knew that. It was very possible to schedule the time the email to send, but that would only risk his mother seeing it. All the times he goes out would be leaving his room exposed. He trusted his mother, but not for the things that could have been avoided for her sake.