Chapter 1: The Boss Wants To Be Marked

Harriet Smith stood at the door to her boss's office. Thomas West was the CEO of the largest computer company on this side of the Mississippi. He was named in the top twenty list of most eligible alpha bachelors in America. There was a parade of omega women constantly leaving his home. He was an alpha among alphas and everyone in the company looked to him for leadership.

So if Thomas was all this, then why, why was he collapsed on the floor panting? Harriet, herself, was a female alpha. A rather rare sort, males were far more common as alphas. It was a 4:1 ratio for a female to be an alpha. Women like this were considered to be very strange. The ability to get someone else pregnant threatened many men so most female alphas ended up with female omegas because of this.

Harriet knew of a few coworkers who were just like her with wives. But Harriet was single and held no interest in such things. Preferring to focus on work over romance. She had also assumed that even if she was in rut, it would be fine because there were no omegas in the upper management team. Besides, Harriet wasn't aggressive during her rut like other alphas. So even if there were omegas, it was unlikely that Harriet would be swayed by their scent. She had yet to meet an omega who smelled good anyway. So Harriet assumed there would be no problems after popping in a suppressant and heading to work.

Apparently, that had been the wrong assumption to make. Harriet couldn't help but think as Thomas West let out a high-pitched whine rubbing himself through his pants. The man had collapsed onto the floor flushed and sweating. "Ha...Harriet." He whined looking up at her, the sound tingled in Harriet's ears.

Making her think of wind chimes or other pleasant noises. It made her feel things. Things Harriet shouldn't feel or even wouldn't feel had she not been in rut. Keeping her breathing shallow because Thomas's scent had filled the room Harriet looked at him calmly. This was not a new situation and Harriet was sure she would be able to keep a clear head.

"Sir." She spoke evenly, "Where are your suppressants?" She asked taking a step into the office. She shut the door behind her not wanting the other alphas to smell the sweet scent of their boss. While Harriet could control herself, the same could not be said for the others. Male alphas were infamous for their enslavement to their instincts. Or at least that's what everyone said. Harriet doubted that seriously.

Nevertheless, she stepped towards her boss as he let out a happy-sounding whine seeing her come closer to him. Instinctively he lifted up his backside slightly in an effort to present himself to her. It seemed Thomas didn't understand that she had no interest in having her way with her boss. Harriet reached down seeing a shining key attached to a chain around Thomas's neck.

Thomas rubbed his face against her bare arm, Harriet ignored his attempts to scent her as he purred happily. A sweet smell hit Harriet's nose and for the first time, she felt herself be swayed by the scent. It was much mustier than most omega's but still sweet. Taking a moment to gather herself, Harriet reminded herself that while Thomas was responding positively it was only his instincts making him do this. It was not because he wanted her. Heat did not mean consent, this was the mantra that Harriet chanted in her mind as she clasped the key and pulled it from his neck.

In one fluid motion, she snapped the chain and pulled her arm away. Thomas let out an irritated noise. "Harriet!" He was demanding in his tone as he whined. He wasn't finished scenting her apparently. It was kind of cute in a way. Though everyone knew insecure or just presenting omegas are the ones who did this with such gusto. Harriet stood up tall towering over his kneeling form, had Thomas been standing he would be taller than her.

It was strange to see such a large man collapsed on the floor moaning her name. His green eyes shaking with desires and his normally perfect hair ruined by sweat and sticking out every which way. His normally calm and collected expression changed for a dazed and euphoric expression with an attractive flush to his face.