Battlefield

"I don't want to be here

"I don't want to be here." Kota keeps repeating to Morrell. After the death of Matt they were sending kids to counseling say they can express their feelings. What bullshit that was.

"Dakota?" Morrell asks getting the girls attention. "Tell me what you're thinking."

"I'm thinking that my parents obviously need something new to focus on and that's me." Kota spits out as she crosses her arms. "And why do you think they need something new?"

Kota sighs as she tilts her head. "I haven't been home much. I got some new friends to hang out with, I started to see someone and I've just been a busy person. I've missed so much at home that one day my parents were on the brink of divorce and now they're back in love."

"Do you think that they should've ended their marriage?" Morrell asks as she leans forward. "No." Dakota answers honeslty, "I love my family. My brother is the light of my life and I'm glad he's getting to grow up with them being together. I just missed the family part of them doing that."

"But you are a teenager," Morell motions to her, "Maybe they understand that you want your space."

Kota looks over Morell as she bites her lip, "Why aren't you writing any of this down?"

"I do my notes after my sessions."

Kota hums as she leans back, "I didn't Matt that well. He was Isaac's other freind when we were younger but he never hung out with the two of us. I was supposed to be their that night but my parents didn't want me to go."

"Do you-"

"Do I feel bad for that Matt that drowned?" Kota cuts her off, "Maybe. But that doesn't mean that those teens had to die."

Morrell hums as she watches Kota fidget in her seat. "What else is going on? With your new friends or old ones?"

Kota sits in silence as she blows air out. "Isaac and I still talk everyday. He's my best friend I don't know what I do without him. I wasn't friends with Allison but she has been giving me the cold shoulder and glaring at me, like she knows something. Stiles and I, we talk. Mostly when we see each other at school. Lydia's been off since her party. And Scott," Dakota takes a moment, "Scott, he's been trying to reach me but I've been ignoring him."

"And why is that?"

"Because he did something that hurt me and my friends." Kota says nodding, "He confuses me, honestly. I've told him how I feel about us. I've told him how nice it is to have him as a friend but he keeps going back and forth and I'm afraid that now, now it's just done."

🦎

Scott: Can we talk?
Kota: Sure

Scott: Animal Clinic after school.

Kota sighs as she looks down at her phone staring at the clinic ahead of her. Derek called her over apparently to tell her something but she called him back saying that she had something more important to do. Derek didn't fight her.