~Chapter eight~

Relief washed over me when I saw him sitting by the lake. I couldn't remember how I got here but I did, and now I found him. I slowly made my way to him.

"You disappeared," I whispered as I kneeled beside him.

I could see the reflection of the water in his eyes as he stared down at it.

"I never disappeared." he said looking up at me.

"Not when it is you who I'm leaving behind." he continued.

"Then where did you go?" I asked.

"Nowhere. I've always been with you. In your shadow." he told me.

"I don't want you in my shadow." I said looking down at his lips. "Why are you hiding?"

"I could ruin your li-"

"Then ruin it." I cut him off.

I cupped his cheek and made him face me.

"I'm not afraid, Jin. Show me the real you." I whispered.

His eyes suddenly flickered red. I bit my lip to stop myself from backing away.

He gripped onto my neck and pulled me to his lips. "Let me mark you." he growled.

My eyes flickered shut and I clenched his shirt.

A shiver ran down my spine when I felt his fangs drag against my skin. My lips quivered and I felt a tear run down my face.

This was it.

I could die, but this was what I wanted.

I wanted hi-

"YEONA! SCHOOL NOW!"

My eyes shot open at the sound of my mothers yell.

I was breathing heavy and I could feel the thick layer of sweat that had formed on my forehead.

I was dreaming...

Of course I was.

I sat up and pulled the covers over my body. I was feeling a bit dizzy so I waited before standing up.

Once I felt like I was able to walk, I stood up and made my way to the bathroom.

I closed the door and gasped at the sight of me.

What did that dream do to me!?

I looked dead.

My skin was paler.

My eyes were dark.

And my lips looked as If someone had bit them.

My eyes slowly travelled down to my neck.

His fangs.

There were two red lines on the side of my neck. There was no blood just the scar.

I rubbed it and surprisingly it still hurt. It was like a fresh wound.

I wondered why I dreamt of him.

I let him mark me.

Like I was his mate...

Everything seemed so real.

His touch...

His scent...

The connection...

I wish it wasn't a dream because I had a feeling I wasn't going to see him.

Not today, not tomorrow...

I did my business and quickly changed into my uniform. I lacked enthusiasm because I knew Hyungwon wasn't going to speak to me.