Track 6: Islands in the Stream

Islands in the Stream 

"I got a cabin at Joe Pool Lake! We need to go shopping A.S.A.P!" Rocky exclaimed, bursting into my room. It was Saturday morning and I just took a shower after working out. I was super sore and now that I got my 5th workout of the week completed, all I wanted to do was relax and pig out the rest of the weekend. FML.

"Ugh, why can't Brandon go with you? They're his friends." I questioned, flopping on my bed. She ignored me as she went thru my closet. She pulled out jeans and a top and threw them on the bed.

"Rocky!"

"C'mon Lily. It's the first time all me and Brandon's friends are getting together. I need this to be perfect. I need your help." She said while still rummaging through my clothes.

"It's not a big deal. Besides, you've met them before." I smiled to myself, recalling her venting to me how childish they were.

"Yeah, but it's different now. We're living together. I don't want them thinking of me as the controlling stuck up girlfriend."

"You say as you're forcing me to go shopping with you." I grumbled, admitting defeat.

She turned to smile at me, victoriously. "That's why I need you. I'm never going to change. If they see how funny, laidback and adorable my best friend is, it will show me in a new light: Birds of a feather and all that jazz."

"Or I could just tell them you pay me to be your friend..." I suggested, watching Rocky move to my dresser drawers.

"Do that and your uninvited." She said, pulling out my bathing suit and putting it back.

"Does that mean I can go to sleep?" I smiled, rolling over to face away from her.

"Sure... but it also means I will not be treating you to a new bathing suit, or a trip to the nail bar; Which I'm sure Ethan would have enjoy seeing both on you." Rocky finished, leaving the room.

The bathing suit got my attention. The nail bar got me up out of bed. Ethan got me rushing to follow her.

"What wrong with my bathing suit?" I declared, meeting her in the kitchen, slipping on some flip flops.

"Um, it's a skirted floral one piece. It screams mom."

"We all know yo mama would wear a thong bikini." I spat back. I was not lying. Her mom posted the picture on Instagram on her 55th birthday. Mama Smith was the definition of living her best life.

"We ain't talking 'bout my mama. We're talking 'bout your ugly swimsuit." She snapped right back at me. I glared at her for a moment, before we both start laughing.

"But for real, separate pieces look so much better if you don't wanna wear a bikini."

"Ethan is really going to be there?" I asked, hopefully.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, he's bring EJ and they are gonna camp out too. I'm going to pretend I'm not offended that he is more important than helping out your best friend out Liliana Carol Harris."

"As long as we understand each other" I shrugged, before we headed out.

After planning the menu for the barbecue, we went grocery shopping. We fought the crowds while going over the itinerary. Brandon's friends had already reserved a campsite so everyone was meeting up there to eat, swim and hang out. Rocky got the cabin for 2 nights, so when Brandon's friends camped out, we were going to stay at the cabin. Once the groceries were bought and put away at home, we went to lunch, bikini shopping, and a nail bar.

"You realize not camping too is probably not the best idea for not looking stuck up." I commented as we got settled at the nail bar.

She sighed. "I know, but that's better than being a murderer. If I have to deal with his friend Jake, I will kill him."