18 / going crazy

Although Jisung's mood was ruined, on top of all by himself, he opened his closet weak-willed and scanned through his clothes

Although Jisung's mood was ruined, on top of all by himself, he opened his closet weak-willed and scanned through his clothes. To his own surprise he discovered that he possessed more colorful clothes than he had thought. He considered putting on something rather colorful, but shook off that idea as quickly as it came. After all he didn't necessarily want to stand out. Maybe to Minho, but not everyone.

The boy heaved a sigh at the thought of Minho and all his previous feelings came rushing back. Was there a point in getting Minho's attention if Minho liked girls only? Would he even get his attention if that was the case?
The brunet groaned and almost slammed the door of his closet shut in frustration. Instead, he closed his eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breath.
«Get it together, Jisung.» He whispered to himself in attempt to calm down.
«There's worse.» He continued, and when he successfully managed to set most of his mind free of Minho-thoughts, his eyes were on his clothes in front of him again.

After carefully having thought through all possible events that might occur at the party, Jisung settled for a pair of black jeans, a black sweater with a turtleneck and his favorite black leather jacket. He eyed himself in his full-body mirror and eventually decided to put on some silver necklaces and a pair of asymmetrical earrings. When he once again looked into the mirror, he was amazed by his own appearance. It had been long since he had dressed up like this. A wave of confidence rushed through his body as he couldn't suppress a smile.

After he was done admiring himself through the mirror, he peeked at the time on his phone that had been laying on his night stand, charging. When he learned that it was only a few minutes until eight, he got even more relaxed. If he left the house now, he would arrive at Seungmin's house just on time, maybe a few minutes past eight. However that didn't matter since he knew that Felix would be running late either way.

Jisung disconnected his fully charged phone from the charger and shoved it into the back pocket of his jeans. He suddenly felt like there had never been any doubt about Minho and his preferences in a partner.

In that exact moment, Jisung got reminded of Minho's previous message. The older boy had actually asked him if he wanted to hang out. Just the two of them. Together.
Jisung's favorite tingling feeling appeared inside his stomach, leaving him with a smile. He would reply tomorrow, or even at the party if Minho would be there. Jisung was almost a hundred percent sure that Minho would be there.

Eventually, Jisung switched off the lights in his room and shut the door, before hurrying down the stairs. He had told his parents in advance that he was going to a party and that he was most likely going to sleep at Seungmin's house, thus he only bid them goodbye and then left his house.

It took him just a little more than five minutes to reach his best friend's house and when he got there, he wasn't even surprised that there was still one person missing.
Jisung settled down onto Seungmin's bed, sighing.
«Whyyyyy does he always have to be late.»
Seungmin did not respong to Jisung's whining, but instead turned to face the brunet, eyeing him up and down.

«You got all dressed up for Minho?» The younger cocked an eyebrow, whereas Jisung felt himself blush the slightest.
«N-no. What makes you think that? I just...wanted to look good. It's been a while.» He avoided eye contact with his best friend, knowing that Seungmin didn't believe a word he said.
«What if he's not even gonna be there?» Seungmin asked nonchalantly, turning away from Jisung again to look at himself in the mirror, continuing to fix his hair.

Jisung's head snapped to Seungmin's direction.
«He will be there!» He exclaimed, louder than he had intended, earning a chuckle from the other boy. Upon realizing how over determined he had sounded, Jisung turned his head away in embarrassment.
«Whatever.»He muttered quietly.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and Jisung was more than relieved by Felix's arrival.
«Let's go.» Seungmin motioned Jisung to get up and leave his room. He didn't bother letting Felix in, since they were going to leave anyways.

Downstairs in the hallway, Seungmin grabbed his parents' car keys and they left the house. It wasn't rare that Jisung envied his best friend. His parents always let him use their car. Hell, they let Seungmin do everything since they knew that the boy would never do anything stupid. Even that was something Jisung was a little jealous of. Seungmin had so much control over his own life and never - never - got into trouble. Therefore, Jisung was counting himself one of the luckiest people alive, to call someone like Seungmin his best friend.

By the time the three of them had arrived at Changbin's house, it was already a little after half past eight. Seungmin had parked the car by the sidewalk a few meters away from the big house the party was supposed to be at.
When they got out of the car, Jisung subtly scanned the street for a certain black Audi, but he didn't find one. The boy felt a hint of disappointment, but quickly tried to reassure himself that Minho for sure had to be at the party.
Maybe he got there with someone else, or he went by foot. Or maybe he wasn't there yet.

«If someone told me there was a party going on in that house I'd say they're crazy.» Felix said as they walked up to the door. He was right, Jisung thought. There wasn't the slightest hint of a party outside and that actually impressed Jisung. Of course, there were a few more cars parked than usual, but besides that, you would never be able to tell what was going on until you actually got into the house.

The three boys were met with loud music and the scent of alcohol when their host opened the door with a smile.
«You came. That's cool!» Changbin greeted them and shoved them into his hallway, closing the door behind them.

Jisung took a look around. It was common knowledge that Changbin's parents had a lot of money, but Jisung would have never expected that they would have a chandelier hanging from the ceiling in their really big living room.

«Make yourself at home!» Changbin yelled over the blasting music. He pointed towards a hallway leading to the right.
«Drinks in that direction.» Then he pointed to the stairs. «Bathroom upstairs.» He leaned in closer to the three boys and continued. «Please use it for going to the toilet and throwing up only.»
He laughed and before any of them could say anything, he disappeared in the living room, somewhere among all the people dancing and drinking there.

«There are a lot more people here than I thought!» Felix shouted, at the tip of running away to get drinks already.
«I know right. Feels like he invited the whole school.» Seungmin responded, and Jisung was surprised to find his best friend in a good mood.
All that time Jisung had looked through the crowd, hoping to find Minho somewhere there, but he didn't succeed.
«Let's get drinks!» He eventually addressed his two friends and without waiting for an answer, he made his way to where Changbin had pointed to. If he wasn't going to find Minho, he might as well get drunk then.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

you guys don't know how happy
your comments make me
it doesn't even matter what you
comment i just get happy seeing that
you have something to say 🥺

we got to 9k reads btw
thank you sm!!! mwah 🤍