24.

chapter twenty-four:
amelia isn't into this kind of choking.

chapter twenty-four:amelia isn't into this kind of choking

꧁꧂

the wreck
the next morning, since she slept on a booth,  amelia woke up with a sore back. she sat up, looked around and could see kie and pope still asleep.

with a small groan, amelia stood up and walked into the locker room. she grabbed her emergency spare tooth brush and brushed her teeth.

when she was done with that, she washed her face and tied her hair up in a messy ponytail. she then walked back to where she slept and found her boyfriend standing near the back door.

"good morning." amelia greeted him as she wrapped her arms around his waist. jj turned around and pecked her lips, "hey, beautiful."

"did you not sleep?" amelia asked when she noticed the dark circles under jj's eyes, "couldn't sleep. he's pinched for sure."

"no. they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." pope said from behind the two, making amelia jump at the new voice.

"let's hope." jj told pope, wrapping an arm around amelia's shoulder.

"you know, we were in that car. they're probably looking for us, too." kie said, waking up from everyone talking.

"well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help john b." pope said before walking away.

"like, find him before the cops do?" amelia called out towards the heyward boy. when there was no reply, amelia and jj looked at each other, then followed their friend.

they watched pope in confusion as he grabbed jj's bike keys off the counter, "pope?"

"i'm gonna get gas for the boat." he told them. kie looked at him with worry, "hey, you be careful."

pope looked at her for a split second, then turned to amelia and jj, "meet me at the dock at three. don't be late."

amelia looked at her friends in confusion as pope walked outside with kie following him. the blossom girl then looked at jj, who shook his head, also not knowing what's happening.

"hey! what's your problem?" kie called out, not liking that the heyward boy was ignoring her. pope looked at her with no emotion on his face as he got on the motorbike, "no problem, officer. i'm just doing my job."

kie paused for a second, not expecting that reply. she then shook her head, "look, i'm sorry that i hurt your feelings."

pope continued to ignore her and revved the motorbike so that he couldn't hear kie. while that was happening, amelia looked at her boyfriend, "does pope have feelings for kie?"