49

a/n : Enjoy this long ass chapter hahahahhhahaha :)) 

"I just don't get it."

Hanji silently sips on her titan juice, listening to her friend's problem.

"How could she be so rational ? How could she draw such a fine line ? That workaholic woman who knows nothing but work.."

"But isn't that why you kept her by your side for nine years, because she was so rational and knew where to draw the line ?" Hanji defended (Y/n) on behalf, disagreeing with Levi.

He scoffs, "she just doesn't know men.. Is it because she's never dated anyone ?"

"Isn't it your first time dating someone, as well ?" She pointed out. 

Levi ignores her comeback, still focused on his own problem, "all was fine and dandy just a few hours ago, but now it feels like a small spark grown into a fucking disaster. And that brat made it look like it's my fault."

"You just won't listen to anything that's against you, huh ?" She places down her juice can on the table, "well, that's what love is. A small difference in perspectives will lead to conflict. But.."

The man turns his gaze to Hanji, who's in a serious demeanor at the present.

"If those quarrels get longer and more frequent, it'll only end badly. Like the people you love."

"What ?" Levi cusses at her, "are you looking down at a couple who only just started out ?"

Hanji glares sharply at her friend, "Levi Ackerman.."

That's it, whenever a woman calls a man by his full name, something bad might happen...

"Don't drag this on for too long, otherwise you'll lose her. Just like how you could lose the people you love anytime, anywhere." Hanji rises from her seat and gives her friend a pat on his shoulder as a form of encouragement. She then silently makes her way to her chair behind her usual office desk and begins to work, leaving Levi without a word.

'Tch, that shitty glasses is acting weird again..'

From the start of their conversation, Hanji hasn't cracked a joke or smiled the tiniest bit. She took his words and gave her answers all in a serious manner. And that left Levi a bit confused. But, he couldn't care less.

Unknown to Levi, his ramblings reminded her of her... old days. Back then before Hanji started working in the Ackerman Company, she used to work as a doctor. Being a lifesaver has its downside, she was forced to watch patients' relatives cry over their deceased family members. Every. Single. Day. A loved one can be gone anytime, anywhere. That's why Hanji tried to tell Levi to treasure (Y/n) and not lose her.

She knows how it feels to lose a loved one too.. Through years of experience when people entrusted many patients' lives in her hands.. 

Maybe, Hanji is not as cheerful as she seems to be.. 

---------------------------

"Is that all my schedule for today ?"

Levi had made sure to stop by at the receptionist desk, asking about his further agenda for the day. To his luck, Historia isn't there at the moment, otherwise it'll be awkward. The man glares at the secretary before him, 'dammit. Go on. Say there's one thing left and it's making up.' He tries to speak through his eyes, yet (Y/n) fails to notice his signals.