Chapter Twenty Seven - New Year's Eve

Chapter Song - Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer

Every year people write down and plan their new years resolutions, and while some may fulfil them, others - including me - do not and forget about them 2 hours after the clock strikes 12 on new years eve.

Though to my joy and Damiens relief, someones new years resolution is getting fulfilled. That person being Jacques D'Angelo. 

If someone in this world needs to be forced to complete their new years resolution, it's Jack. That being his room, also known as a landfill, pigs pen and many other names that relate to a complete hurricane.

"Where's the room?" Miles asks from the doorway of Jack's room or in my eyes a landfill.

"Here," Jack states and Damien snorts.

I'm glad i'm not these three. It smells in here and I don't know whether its a sweet or sour smell, I can't tell. Which i'm not sure is good or not.

"You might want these," I say handing Leo and Miles gloves and masks.

"Hey!" Jack frowns. "Its not diseased in here, I sleep here," he exasperates.

"Yeah thats because you're a fucking alien," Damien says and Jack flips him off.

"Have fun!" I chirp as the three step into the room. You can't even see the floor, it's covered in a thick layer of clothes, rubbish and whatever else is under the layer. The room is a decent size, although Jack just has a problem with cleaning up after himself.

It makes Damien's hair turn grey and is the reason for most of their fights, but I can't disagree with Damien on this one - he needs to clean up after himself.

Or else a new disease will form, although i'm 99.9% sure one might already be formed.

"EW!" Leo screams, something gooey hanging from the finger of his glove.

"What the fuck," Damien mumbles, and he grips my waist protectively.

"How are you two brothers?" I mumble, starring at Leo and Miles who are cautiously scanning the room.

"No clue," He shrugs. "I have to go do some work, you alright here?" He asks and I nod, he pecks me on the head and leaves.

"Boys!" I clap my hands and they snap towards me. "Start with collecting all the clothes and putting them in these," I explain and throw Miles the roll of garbage bags.

"I'll wash your clothes, okay?" I say to Jack and he nods.

The three begin wandering around grabbing all the old socks, underwear, t-shirts and Jacks entire wardrobe off the floor.

"If I turn into a zombie, i'm biting you first," Leo grumbles at Jack.

The three fill 5 bags of garbage bags in a span of ten minutes and I haul them down to the laundry room. Damien comes over and starts helping me load some laundry.