30. United

EM

I sprawled lazily on Dan's bed...or rather OUR bed, staring at the view. I had barely set foot inside my own room before my arrangements were upgraded for the second time that week, not that I was complaining. 'The view' himself at that precise moment in time  was flat-out on the floor cooling off after an early morning training session with Drew. Funnily enough I had declined the invitation to join them and I wasn't regretting it - staying in bed at that time of the morning, still wrapped in the legacy of his warmth and scent seemed by far the better option.

 "All the drivers are meeting downstairs for dinner tonight" he announced, suddenly sitting upright.

"That's great, I'll order myself some room service and watch films until you get back"

 "Some of the chicks...err..girls are going too if you wanted to join them...?" he asked hesitantly, clearly unsure of my response.

 "Thanks but I think I'll have a better evening with the room service." I'd never been at ease in the company of strange women, unable to stop myself making comparisons between us. Too often I came out second best. 

"Uhhh yeahhh I figured you'd say that" he fidgeted awkwardly and wouldn't meet my eyes. 

"You said I'd go didn't you" I rolled off the bed and straddled his legs, giving him no choice but to look at me whether he liked it or not.

"Maybe"

"I'm not a WAG" I insisted.  I just work here - I'm not one of them"

"You're my girlfriend, you have as much right to be there as any of them"

"You've seen them - they're like a whole other beautiful species!"

"I think you're beautiful" he asserted quietly.

"Not like that" I looked down, letting my hair fall across my eyes, concealing myself from him.

"Trust me you are" he reached up and pushed it back from my face, studying every feature as if committing them to memory.

"Was this from..."   he left the sentence unfinished as he delicately stroked the fading scar at my temple.

"Yeah, but it's nearly gone now"

"I feel so fucking guilty" he whispered, taking the damaged skin gently between his lips.

"It wasn't your fault" I insisted, leaning my head back contentedly at his touch, inviting him to continue.

"Are there any others?"

"What is this? Show and tell?"  I murmured with a smile, lifting up the hem of my shirt to prove that the bruises had healed. "See - just childhood chicken pox scars -  I'm pretty boring"

"I dunno - I think things are about to get interesting" he murmured, positioning me underneath him. I drew breath sharply and closed my eyes as his tongue played join-the-dots across my skin.

Snap Happy (A Daniel Ricciardo story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें