Chapter 1- The Beginning

Some people are lucky enough to experience several life changing moments.

I use to think i was one of those people but as my life went on and I lived through so many more changes I realised that all of my life changing moments could be summed up into two words, one person. All of those different twists and turns, love, loss and hardships all trace back to one brilliant defining moment.

Trust me, i know how bizarre it sounds. But my entire life has been bizarre, I basically run on crazy at this point. I would do anything, even believe in fate itself if it gave an explanation for what happened to me. Hell it was still happening.

It's just past 3am and I'm sitting all alone with my thoughts. The sound of planes taking off and landing ring in my ears. A burning anger sparks inside me. As I lean against the cold hard plastic, time was itching awfully slow as I sat waiting endless hours to get away from this life. A life I had grown to love but now despised it even more. I'm hurt and I'm ruined.

There was no turning back, because there was nothing left for me here. Not anymore. I cannot bare to bring something innocent into world filled with cruel fire. I had 10 more hours left to sit alone in this cold and empty room and wait. Maybe reflect on the wonder that was my former life, before I can begin a new one.

Not many people go through what I have been through. Being kicked in gut by life so many times but still manage to stand tall, to keep going. Who I am is difficult to explain, what my life was like is hard to comprehend, even now. 

But I just couldn't help but curse the day this all began. 

I was seven years old and even though I was so young I still remember every single thing about this particular day. It was close to Christmas in New York City and snow was falling all around me. The atmosphere was busy and yet so breathtaking. The tall gleaming buildings were smiling down at me and despite the cold snowy weather i could spot the sun amongst the clouds.

I was excited because my father had given me five thousand dollars to go buy a new dress and for once my mother had let me hold onto the small stack of one hundred dollar bills he had tossed at her this morning. My mother stopped to glance at a window in the street. Less concerned with the magnificent gowns on display and instead glancing at her tired complexion. My mother was a beautiful, short honey waves and bright green eyes. She had that classic Hollywood look with flawless skin and incredible curves. If she hadn't given birth to me and all my trouble she may have prevented the frown lines. She had been getting extremely frustrated at my giddiness as she pulled me around the busy streets and was now murmuring about how I was giving her early wrinkles.

Myself on the other hand, well I was fascinated by the gowns and the suits of display. The fabric looked soft and delicate, as if it were made for a princess. The suits tailored with so many new and interesting designs that I had never seen before. I was in heaven.

I come from a very wealthy family. My father is the CEO of one of the biggest hotel chains in America. So to say i'm spoilt would be an understatement, trips all over the world, the best clothes and shoes. I spend most of my time in London, where my mother's from... much to my fathers disgrace. I had everything I could ever want out of life, i wish I had known how god damn lucky I was. 

"Mummy look!" I shout over the noise. My finger points towards a beautiful shop further down filled with jewellery. I rushed over to it. There were diamonds and sapphires and rubies all lined up side by side. The twinkled in the afternoon sun. Even in the crisp air looking at them made me feel warm. I look behind to see that they had dresses on sale too. I felt as if I was on cloud nine, I was grinning from ear to ear. 

" Mummy! Can we go in-" I turn around to look for her, when i don't see her i stop what i'm saying. " Mummy? Mummy!" I turn and run towards where we were heading desperate to try and find my mummy. I stop myself for a second and sheepishly correct myself, mommy. Thank god my father wasn't here.