(x)

"As you know, we have a busy week ahead of us."

Coffees line the conference room table, pens click against the stacks of paper that settle in front of various agents and the smell of deodorant mixed with post-training sweat lingers at the back of the room like a disgusting witch concoction.

"The annual parade is coming up and since there are a few security threats, SHIELD has been asked to step in. Therefore, all of you will be working security this week, possibly even at the parade." Murmurs broke out in the room the minute this was said; mostly from first year field agents who were way too excited to have earpieces and fingerless gloves.

Bucky, on the other hand, doesn't think much of it. They've dealt with threats before, most were declared empty the minute it got out that SHIELD or the Avengers were involved. It's the 12th one that year.

"That's only if we don't catch it first," Steve continued. "Our first priority is precaution. The tech and analytics teams are working on it. However, if you see anything suspicious, bring it up with Director Fury. He's going to be around to make sure we're not overlooking anything. Do you have any questions?"

More whispers erupted at the mention of Fury's name. Wait till they realise he lives up to his name when they accidentally manage to set him off just by existing incorrectly.

Bucky smirks at the thought.

"You can leave then." Steve straightens up as chairs shuffle against the carpeted floor, over twenty people leaving the room.

"And remember, if you see an eagle today, be sure to stand there and thank it on behalf of Steve for its service. Freedom! Liberty! And whatever else," Tony calls out from the corner of the room, earning a sigh from the captain. Others only snicker as they close the door behind them.

"Thanks." Steve stares at him stone-faced, bemused at the symbolism that had been bestowed upon him.

"Gotta keep the patriotism high." The only ones that remain are the official team. Bucky thinks that he should have left with the other agents but apparently, it was rude and not a good show of team spirit.

"How serious is this threat anyway?" Clint has his head face down on the table, hand holding his to-go coffee cup so it doesn't fall over.

"We're not sure." Steve finally takes a seat on the chair in front of him. "It's the biggest event we've had this year, wouldn't put it past them."

"If it's those Welsh kids again, I'm gonna punch a hole through their house this time," Clint warns, voice muffled through the furniture.

"It's not them, we checked." Nat had her leg up on the armrest of Clint's chair. "Tech team's been working overtime to figure it out."

"You have anything that could help?" Sam sends a nod towards Tony.

"I got a few things but it'd take a while to put it together."

"Didn't you learn quantum physics in a night?" Wanda's picking apart a cookie into pieces, chewing slowly.

"Thermodynamic astrophysics," he corrects her. "Quantum science took lesser."

Bucky scoffs slightly at the brag, eyes still trained on the table in front of him. Maybe if he made no noise, they would forget he's here.

"Yeah, so this should be a piece'a cake."

"If your cake was somehow made out of a highly specified tracker that somehow doesn't violate the data privacy of the entire world while analysing millions of terabytes worth of information, then yeah. A piece of it."