✞ 22 ✞ First date

After finally being discharged from the hospital, the first thing I did when I got home was retire to my room

I hope Ruby is doing well, he had more to do with Olivia than friendship, you could just see it in his eyes that he loved this girl.

I slowly sat down on the chair in front of my desk. The doctor told me not to overexert myself or the stitches could come undone.

I laid out some sheets of paper and set about catching up on the assignments I missed in school. My graduation is only a few weeks away, so I'll have to work hard.

After a few hours, a loud knock sounded on the door of my room.

"Come in!"

I didn't turn around and continued to write my sentence as the door opened and closed again.

I sighed and sorted through a stack of binders to my left. A chuckle snapped me out of my concentration and I looked around at the door.

I smiled when I saw Oscar leaning against the door. He pushed himself off the door and came toward me, "Barely home and already working?"

"I have to do it at some point." I shrugged.

He stopped in front of my chair and looked down at me, "No, you're going to stop for now and come with me."

"Where?" I crossed my arms and looked up at him with raised eyebrows, "You know I'm not allowed to strain myself?"

He smirked and before I could react, he reached under my thighs and to my back and lifted me up bridal style. I gasped in surprise for a moment and put my arms around his neck to hold on tight.

"What are you up to?"

He headed toward the door and slowly walked down the stairs to the outside, "You're not supposed to exert yourself, and that's exactly what you don't have to do today." He grinned and walked to his car.

He unlocked the car and opened the passenger door. He put me in the seat and grabbed the car seat belt and buckled me in.

I could have done that myself.

Idiot.

Cute idiot.

He walked around the car and got into the driver's seat and started the engine. He drove off, saying nothing the whole time.

"Oscar where are we going?" I whined. He gave me a sideways glance, "You'll see."

Great answer. Thanks for nothing.

After a while of driving, I saw the Santos house and many people in front of it. The car stopped and I opened my door.

"I can walk, my legs are fine." I said to Oscar, who was almost ready to pick me up again. He just shrugged, took me by the hand and led me into the front yard.