6. Palace

Tae and Jimin were brought into the servant's shower room. The most humiliating part was that there was no privacy. No walls, no curtains to cover them. Just a big open place. They were told to strip down from their clothes by a servant.

"what do you mean you are gonna stand here?" Jimin asks dumbfounded.

"It's my duty to see that if both of you are clean enough for the King. I am here to prepare you boys." The servant replied with a emotionless face. It was like she was used to it. 

Tae wouldn’t lie... he felt disgusted hearing those words.
The way she was saying all of that looked like they were some kind of trophy or prizes which will be displayed to everyone.

Once they were cleaned up, observed by that servant they were sent off to the servant's bed room. The room was quite long at it's lenth. There was total  20 beds, 10 beds at each side. The sheets were all white. Tae and Jimin came with a cloth wrapped around their tiny waist. They were totally shivering.

"Are those clothes for us?" Jimin asked the servant referring to the folded up clothes on the bed.

"Or whose? Hurry up now! We have work to do." The servant went off saying it.

Jimin noticed that Tae was looking down on the floor completely stiffed on his place.

"Tae..?" Jimin called out his name, his voice soft as ever.

Tae started sobbing. His whole body shaking vigorously. He tried to keep it quite as much as possible but the swarmed up memories from the previous incident suddenly started to attack him. He was again faced with the conclusion that his grandmother is no more....

"Hmph- Aghh- hmph..." He hold onto his sobs, put his two hands to his mouth to let no noise out. Jimin hugging him tightly from behind. He didn’t know what to say....

"J-Jimin...nana is no more..." His words kept getting stuck on his throat.

"I know...I know..." Jimin whispered with shaky voice.

Tae and Jimin were now at a horse farm

Tae and Jimin were now at a horse farm. A servant told them the instructions and added that to complete their work before dawn. And the work consists of cleaning the slots of every horses including the horse. To add more to it...there were total 20 horses in this quarter and they have to clean it all by dawn...

"Well now hurry up! Don't just there looking!"

They both looked at each other with a 'best of luck' gaze.

It was time. Dawn came a lot quickly than they expected. Obviously they couldn't finish their task. How could they? They were just teenagers. And 20 horses before dawn... way out of their ability. They were clearly being overworked. Jimin fell down on the floor.

"I think my hands gonna fall out..." Jimin said breathing heavily.

Taehyung's shoulder blade and head were pounding and he wouldn't lie, he could eat something right now. They didn't eat or drink anything since morning. Suddenly they heard footsteps coming closer...

"Oh you are unfinished?" The servant asked.

Jimin stood up hurriedly. They both went close to each other head bending low.

'Shit... what if they give us punishment?' Tae thought.

"It's ok finish it in the morning as soon as you wake up. Now come to eat you guys look like
dying ghost."

"What's a 'dying ghost'?" Jimin thought.

"Is this our dinner? After all we have gone through?!" Jimin said looking at the one piece of bread with a boiled egg and a sweet potato. He felt like killing someone and eat them alive.

"Seems like it." Tae replied blankly.

Honesty even though they were poor they ate better than this.

"At least they could have given us some rice?!" Jimin said, furious and disappointed.

After dinner they went off to bed. Sleep was really needed after what they have gone through the whole day. But a problem aroused.

Tae cannot sleep without hugging something and there is only one pillow in each bed with a blanket.

" shh.. psst- psst!" Taehyung whispered.

"What...?" Jimin replied, eyes sleepy.

"I can't sleep..."

"Oh..."

Jimin stood up from his bed  and walked towards Taehyung's bed quietly. Tae looked at him confused. He pushed Tae's bed  towards his ones to make them attached. All the other servants were dead sleeping.

"Now better..?"

"Hmm.."

They hugged each other and dreft off to sleep.

Moonlight shown through the window, bathing the whole room with it's shiny light

Moonlight shown through the window, bathing the whole room with it's shiny light...gentle breeze flowing...

Jungkook doesn't know why his feets took him here at the middle of the night... but he wouldn’t complain. Because in front of his eyes laid two boys... hugging each other like their life depends on it.

"𝑴𝒚 𝒎𝒚...𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕..~" Jk chuckles.

[ 802 words ]