Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

Ben: "Yes, even when you do not have any teeth."

Griff: "And if I suffer from terrible, uncontrollable flatulence?"

Ben, with an exceedingly patient look: "You are too much a proper miss to even allow me to endure that, but regardless, I would say yes. I would love you even with that olfactory offence."

(B & G conversation on Affection presently)

"I have a confession."

Amy wiggled against him slightly, turning in his arms to pin him with a curious look. "Another one?" she asked, then nestled herself against his shoulder once more.

Oliver buried his nose and lips into her soft tresses, nuzzling softly against the sensitive skin behind her ear. She was, of course, referring to the countless confessions of love he had murmured during their bout of lovemaking not moments before.

"Mmm, though you may not relish this one," he admitted.

In his arms, Amy made a sound of dismissal before turning the page of the heavy book he was propping up so that they both could read, comfortably nestled together like spoons. Well, she was reading. She couldn't be sure how much he was able to discern even with the spectacles he now wore almost all of the time, thank goodness. "Uh oh."

"Truly, I am aggrieved."

She huffed a sigh and reluctantly pried her gaze away from the literature positioned in his long-fingered, marvellously adept and passion-wringing hands to pin him an irked look over her shoulder. He wore a rather uneasy grimace on his visage and she fought the urge to roll her eyes. His 'confession' was no doubt wrought from something playfully devious he had committed, which was no small surprise considering he was still Oliver even though he was now betrothed to her. Indeed, she couldn't refute that she adored everything about him and that would surely include his wayward boyishness, his affinity to anything ridiculous in the form of societal misconduct. "Shall I prepare to demand you vacate my bed?" she bemoaned in a teasing falsetto, "or toss you from the window?"

"You tease me yet I am doing my best to be an upstanding citizen," he chastised, dipping his lips to the side of her neck and nipping her lightly. He dropped his arm to the pillow beside their heads, momentarily allowing the book to close while they conversed.

"I do not desire you to be anything but yourself, and we both know that an upstanding citizen would never befit you, Benny."

The use of the bothersome nickname earned her a slightly harder nip and she gasped, not from pain but from the pleasure that rippled through her anew.

"Very well," she said, a bit breathlessly, "what is it that you have done?"

His lips were moving along the contour of her shoulder before one hand abandoned the book entirely to sweep up her waist, his large fingers settling over her breast. Heaven help her, she could hardly concentrate with him playing her body like a willing and primed instrument. "Have you decided when you wish for us to be married?" his voice purred into her ear, his warm breath stirring the curls of hair against the skin of her cheek and temples.

He wished to discuss their marriage now? While he was intent on tweaking her nipple, sending shockwaves careening through her wanton body as if he hadn't wrought a soul-shattering release from her but moments before? Lord, she may need to banish him to Gravewood up till their nuptials if this continued for she could not seem to satiate her need of him and his body and his wickedly lascivious mouth, fingers... everything.

"Snow would be lovely, do you not think?" she murmured, arching into him and wondering at how ardently he responded to her as his already hard cock ground into the flesh of one of her oft buttock. "Perhaps January- Oh, Ben!"