𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯〔 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘢𝘳𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

Within minutes of arriving at the Island Club, Kiara spots Pope and tugs me across the grass towards him.

"Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kiara asks in a British accent and Pope turns around with a pissed off look but it dissolves into a smile when he sees us.

"Cause it might just mess up our costumes" I finish for her in the same accent making us all laugh.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" Pope replies in a terrible British accent before doing our signature handshake with Kiara and then me.

"That accent was bad" Pope adds.

"Just a little" I giggle in agreement.

"It was, but I was gonna let it go" Kiara states.

"You ever seen this many Kooks in one place?" She then asks, looking around the country club full of Kooks.

"Yeah. Last year" Pope answers.

"We're in the lion's den" Kiara declares.

"Exactly" Pope agrees.

"Slow and steady steps, boys and girls" I advise.

"Hey, how is JJ?" The Heyward boy asks me.

"He didn't call you?" I frown and Pope shakes his head "He's gonna be okay"

"What's that supposed to mean?" He questions.

"Our dad wasn't happy and laid into him pretty bad...but he's okay now" I assure the raven haired boy "You know my brother and I. We got the instincts of a cockroach"

"It's all my fault" Pope sighs.

"Uh- You didn't do this, Pope. Topper almost killed you. Remember?" Kiara states sternly and I nod in agreement.

Suddenly everyone is clapping and I turn to see Ward Cameron enter with his wife Rose. Sarah, Rafe and Wheezie follow behind the couple and my eyes meet with the eldest sibling. He looks me up and down with a smug grin on his face, making me roll my eyes.

"Here come Lord Capital and the Exploiters" Kiara says.

"She's definitely gonna poke somebody's eye out with that" Pope says, referring to the spiky headband Rose is wearing.

"Hopefully her husband" I comment.

☼ ☼ ☼

As I'm dancing with a girl I met at a Kook party one time, glass of wine in my hand, someone taps on my shoulder and I turn to see Rafe Cameron. I down the rest of my wine and follow him through the crowd to a quieter area around the corner.

"Look at you, Mr Fancypants" I coo jokingly, looking his blue suit up and down "Don't you scrub up nice"

"You look stunning" Rafe replies "Even more than usual"

"Maybe it's the dress that doesn't come out until next fall" I comment and he sheepishly rubs at the back of his neck "How much money did you spend on me, Rafe Cameron?"