11| I have to remind myself that she left

"They have been trying to take down the Italian mafia, sir

"They have been trying to take down the Italian mafia, sir."

That girl. She's a fucking smart mouth. No one's ever lost their mouth on me like that, excluding my family. And I have fucked plenty of other girls. Not that I'm proud of it especially since she would hate me for it. But I have to remind myself that she left. Not the other way around.

I'll fuck a girl to relieve some sort of stress to continue not feeling. Continue being numb. Since it's the only thing that doesn't hurt. With girls it's only a one time thing. Nothing more. Ever. I can't really afford a distraction and no girl is ever worth it. And I know that makes me seem like a complete asshole. Which I have no shame in saying that I am. But I would never lead a girl on. I tell them in the beginning that this isn't anything big. And they agree on the spot. They only want to use me so I use them. As fucked up as that sounds, it's what happens.

Though that girl this morning. She was something else. She didn't give me authority. She obviously didn't know who I was. But the way she held herself in power intrigued a small part of me.

"Sir?" I shake my head turning back to the man who had been telling me about these updates. I'm tired of hearing that there's no updates. And I'm getting pissed.

"They have been trying to take down the Italian mafia, sir."

"I understand that, idiot. We all fucking know that. What we don't know is how. Where the fuck have they made a mark and I want to know how?" I grit my teeth angrily and he flinches at the tone in my voice.

"Sorry sir. I'll be right on it." He practically throws himself out the door and I sigh deeply rubbing my temples, feeling a headache coming in. I walk outside the office stepping into the living room, the mood changing drastically. Mateo paces the floor while Aria and Vivian sit on the couch sniffling lightly. Marco is sprawled out in his seat, a cigarette between his lips as he breathes in a puff of smoke drifting across the room.

"The fuck happened?"

Vivian is the first to stand wrapping her arms around me, her tears turning into sobs.

"What happened? Did someone fucking touch you? Are you hurt?" I pull her in front of me looking over her face though the only damage visible are the tears that continue to run down her cheek.

"We met this girl a week ago and she's been hanging out with us ever since. Today there was the whole fiasco at lunch and we didn't see her after. Until the end of the day as a few grown men jumped her." Mateo runs a hand frustrated through his hair.

"She fucked them up pretty good." Marco pitches in earning a glare from Aria.

"Not the time, asshat." She turns back to me looking solemnly. "When we got to her a man had been under her as she fought him but she had been stabbed. We didn't know how much blood she lost and she passed out before we could get any answers."