03 - Does That Make Sense

"I know you didn't exactly have a choice but did you really have to be asleep throughout the whole thing? I almost aged by a decade in just fifteen minutes!" Jin hyung kept on going at Namjoon hyung who had missed the whole Su Yeon incident when he was still unconscious.

"But don't you think everything is a bit weird here?" Namjoon hyung pointed out and Hobi hyung was the first one to answer.

"Right? It's been a whole day and none of our managers nor our families came by. It's not likely they'd just be chilling in the office or home after the accident. I mean, we didn't even get a phone call."

"That's what I'm saying. Something is terribly horribly wrong." The leader of the group got pensive, trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together to get an idea of what's really happening. "Did she come by again?"

"Thankfully, nㅡ"

"Guys I brought black bean noodles!"

"I thought maybe if I said no, she wouldn't come and this would all turn into a dream or something." Jin hyung sighed and started rubbing his temples out of obvious frustration.

"Ms. Su Yeon?"

"Oh Namjoon you're awake! And you called my name! It means you remember me right?" The girl seemed so happy to see someone recognize her, almost making me feel bad that things weren't going to turn out how she wanted them to.

"Uhh no, actually. It's not that I don't remember you but we haven't met before." Namjoon hyung said calmly, swaying his hands here and there out of habit as he talked. "Were you at our concert when the accident happened? Or were youㅡ"

"I was at home eating my chips peacefully when I saw a breaking news of a car crash and then I got a call from the hospital saying my seven brothers were brought in." Su Yeon explained her side of the story, making things even more confusing for all of us. We looked at each other's faces, speechless.

"I'm sorry what now?" Jin hyung asked.

"I'm sure you don't remember this too but you guys went on a trip together, all seven of you. And you were supposed to return by yesterday night but then your car crashed because of a drunk driver and you were brought into the hospital."

"Uhh Su Yeon?" Taehyung called out, getting everyone's attention. His eyebrows were furrowed and I thought he had something figured out in his mind, though it was clear that no one else did. I knew he was upto something.

"Yes?"

"Do you know BTS?"

His question caught us off guard. Yoongi hyung narrowed his eyes at my friend, as if wordlessly scolding him that it was not a good time to promote ourselves. However his expression completely changed when the girl spoke.

"What's BTS?"

"You know, the seven member boy band? Smooth like butter?? Cause I, I, I'm in the stars tonight??" Jin hyung added to the question, carelessly singing the famous lines of our recent hit songs in attempt to get a reaction out of Su Yeon.

"What are you talking about? Why are you guys acting so weird all of a sudden?" She looked genuinely scared at the sudden transition the conversation took.

"Guys what are the chances of this whole thing being a hidden camera prank?" Hoseok hyung let out nervously, bringing out another possibility to life.

"After that stage accident? I'd say about minus twenty four percent?" Jungkook replied with an even more shaky tone.

It was obvious that everyone was getting scared of whatever was going on, realizing we're missing a big piece of information somewhere.

"So Yeon, can you prove that we're actually your brothers? I mean, there could be seven guys in another room that's waiting for you to come."

Namjoon hyung asked again and the supposed twin of Jungkook took her phone out, showing something to the leader which I assumed were some photos. Yoongi hyung and Jin hyung leaned in from the sides to see them as well, their expressions changing to shock and confusion.

"Okay let's say we're your brothers. Then why are you calling just by our names? That doesn't add up." The oldest found another point to refute.

"When you all started going to high school, the girls were all swarming around you calling 'oppa' and you told me not to say that anymore. You said it was cringey and that you were sick of it."

"I don't know who these guys are but I agree with them." Jungkook butted in, nodding his head in agreement.

"Not now Jungkook." I whispered as a signal that this situation was not the one to joke around.

"The names! What about our family names? We can't be all Jeons here?" Yoongi hyung tried again. I saw the maknae open his mouth to say something but decided otherwise.

"Well it was strange for everyone else that we all had different family names but we just grew up with them ever since we knew so it was okay for us. All I know is that mom and dad both agreed it to be this way so there was no problem." The girl's gaze directed towards me for a second when mentioning her parents but the next second almost fearfully she looked away.

"Let's say all of that are true but then how-" I started to speak but Su Yeon was quick to cut me off.

"Guys you should rest. The doctor told me not to rush trying to bring back your memories anyway."

"But listen-"

"I'm gonna go see whether you guys can leave the hospital or not. Eat the black bean noodles I brought and rest well."

It was all she said before exiting the hospital room hastily, leaving me hanging with my question. Taehyung looked my way in puzzlement, obviously figuring out she was acting differently with me than with the others.

"You guys noticed it too didn't you?" I asked from the elder ones and they could tell what I was referring to. They nodded in unison.

"And the photos she showed us..." Namjoon hyung got pensive, his voice trailing off not completing the sentence he was about to say.

"What about them?" I asked.

"We were all there. Me, Namjoon, Hobi, Yoongi and the two maknaes. It seemed like Jungkook was the closest to her because in half of the pictures they were together. Everyone was there except you."

Jin hyung's answer came as a surprise to all of us and I looked at the room door trying to figure out what was going on. There was something about the whole situation that wasn't right. Our families should've gotten to know about the accident and contacted us or the agency by now. Someone would've visited us or at least give a call but we didn't get either of those. And finally there's that girl claiming us as her seven brothers whom she says were brought to the hospital after a car crash.

What in the world is going on?