Chapter 13: Their One and Only

They ended up sleeping until just before dinner, having been woken up by the maids. "Lex, wake up. We have to eat dinner soon." Lucius gently shook him. They still had some time before everyone gathered together for dinner but having slept through the afternoon right after their training, they needed to freshen themselves up before heading out.

"Ngh, five more minutes..." Alexis sleepily mumbled out before turning over to his side.

"During these times, it would be nice we were the ones who had lightning magic instead," Darcel started to lightly poke his cheek, "That way we can zap him awake."

"Stop it Haru-kun..." Neither of them reacted to the foreign name he had called out, instead they acted as if they hadn't noticed it. "Lex, wake up! We have to go see your father after dinner and if we don't go now we'll be hungry for the rest of the night!" Darcel gave him another push.

Alexis swatted away his hand, rolling over to the other side of the bed. "I can just make some instant ramen later..." He mumbled out sleepily.

Lucius sighed, he's never getting out of bed. "Shin-kun, let's go. Did we say we were going to get some kakigori after our graduation?"

Alexis slowly blinked open his eyes, subconsciously replying to his question, "But I thought Haru-kun wanted to eat yakitori and and I thought you wanted to eat tonkatsu too Ren-kun." He innocently rubbed his eyes, a stark contrast to the little devil he was earlier.

"I did say that but you have to get out of the house first before we can decide where to eat." Lucius gently pulled him up to sit on the bed.

"But I don't want to go out now. So sleepy~" Alexis coyly yawned to try and garner some of their sympathy.

"Nope, that's not going to work, Fujisaki-san. You stayed up to play games again, didn't you?" Darcel lightly flicked his forehead, causing a small grumble from him, "Ouch... Haru-kun is being mean to me, Ren-kun."

He turned to Lucius for help but only got a chuckle instead, "Come on now, let's get out of bed."

They gave him some time to process and to be fully aware of his surroundings. "Awake?" Darcel impatiently crossed his arms.

"Darc? Lu? What time is it now?" He naively stared at them, confused as to why they were next to him on the bed. "Is there something wrong?"

Lucius reached over to ruff his hair, "No. Nothing is wrong." He tugged on his arm to guide him to the bathroom where a warm bath was waiting. "Quickly freshen up. Both Darc and I are already finished. We'll wait for you until you're done."

Alexis nodded, still a little confused about where he currently was but quickly stripped and began washing himself.

As soon as Alexis was out of their view, both Lucius and Darcel sat opposite of each other in the room's lounge. "When did you first realise Aikawa?" Darcel spoke up first.

------

Alexis slowly stepped into the bathtub, fully relaxing his body. He leaned back, closing his eyes. Although time has flown by since he first woke up in this world, Shin was surprised at how peaceful it was. Although he wasn't living the lazy, easy-going life he had before, Shin still enjoyed his life every day. Even if he was no longer on Earth, Shin had grown attached to the people here; his family, his friends especially Darcel and Lucius.

For some reason, both of them kept reminding him of 'his' childhood friends; Shin felt like Lucius was similar to Aikawa Ren and Darcel gave off the same feeling as Miyamoto Haru. Their personalities were so similar that Shin couldn't help but compare them every now and then. He mindlessly played with the water, trying to get his mind off the people he could no longer meet.