Chapter 10 | Come Again

Momo seemed more calm now. I heaved a sigh and brought the cat to sit with me on the chair.

Unfortunately, it ran away.

I slumped on the chair while my brother wheezed at my dejected expression. I weakly glared at him and sulked on the chair.

"Here."

A cup of tea appeared in front of me, he placed it gently on the table in front of us.

I muttered a quiet thanks and drink it slowly.

"You're so biased, Asahi." I could faintly hear my brother grumbling, "I know you like kids but do you really have ditch my drink?"

"Take it yourself." He sternly said, it's amusing how brother's friend could change his persona as fast as lightning, "And plus, your sister is only a year or two younger. Calling her a kid doesn't seem right."

"She is a kid."

I raised my hand in the argument, "In my defense, if I am a kid, then brother, you are too."

"Am not."

I shrugged, taking another sip, "I guess it's no use talking to kids."

A moment of silence settled in the living room before a high-pitched cackle appeared.

Asahi laughed and fell down from the chair he was sitting, and is still giggling. He made eye contact with me and said, "I like you, let's be friends."

I accepted his proposal while sipping gracefully. He's still laughing despite the glares brother is giving him.

Momo blinked, not understanding what we're talking about.

-

"Come again!" He waved, "Especially you, Yasu. We're going to be besties once you come back here!"

I smiled a little at the new childish friend of mine.

"As if," Brother scoffed and made a very ugly face to Asahi, "We ain't coming here anymore, let's go home."

Momo tilted her head in confusion, "Why? It's fun though."

Asahi let out another wave of laughter.

I joined along, "Even Momo wants to come here, do you dare to reject her sincere request?"

"..."

His defeated figure gave a sense of satisfaction to me, I had a high-five with Asahi.

I realized that I've been calling him informally despite him being older than me, so I thoughtfully asked him what I should call him.

"Well," he put his hand on his chin, "Calling me Asahi is definitely weird, but I think you can call me Hiroshi."

"Asahi is your given name?"

He nodded and added a playful grin. "I can call you Yasu, right? Since we're besties now?"

"Says who?" Brother glared at Asahi, to which he ignored and continued talking to me.

I agreed, "You may call me Yasu, don't add honorifics, I prefer my name to be perfectly authentic."

He wiped a tear and extended his hand, "Well then, Yasu. Come again alright?"

Just when I was about to shake his hand, a figure came in interrupting.

"No will do."

Hiroshi-san stifled a laugh over brother's sudden protective antics. I was frankly quite surprised that brother is this opposed of him from befriending me.