Chapter 11: "Nobody Has Borrowed More Pencils Than Shawn Hunter"

It was about a week later when I walked up to Shawn at his locker, nervously hugging my books to my chest.

"Hey," I quietly greeted, giving him a weak smile.

"Hey," he echoed, casually throwing his unopened textbooks into his locker.

I bit my lower lip as I studied my white sneakers before nervously clearing my throat a little. "I have something for you." My fingers shook as I undid the clasp behind my neck after placing my things on the floor. I then held out his silver necklace to him, anxiously waiting for him to see it. When he did he remained silent as he bit his lower lip for a brief moment. "I would have given it back sooner, but I was scared."

"Why were you scared?" He looked directly at me as my face turned pink.

"I was worried that you might be mad at me for being mad at you, and that you wouldn't take me back."

"Kimberly, I've been waiting for you to take me back. What do you think, that I just started forgetting about you? I understand that you needed time."

"I felt really bad about pushing you away though. Everyone forgave you so easily."

"Yeah, well, I didn't deserve it." He shook his head some with a fake smile as he shoved the last of his school books in his locker.

"No, you did, Shawn. You were genuinely sorry. I missed you so much this past week. I mean, you hurt me, but all I wanted to do was hug you."

"Well, I'm here now," He raised his eyebrows simultaneously as I blushed a bit more, holding his arms out for me. I grinned before snuggling into his embrace of a warm hug, breathing in his cologne.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too." He kissed my head gently before pulling back to peck my lips for a moment. I grasped his hand in mine before we entered Mr. Feeny's class, Shawn getting upset when a guy wanted to borrow Topanga's pencil.

"Do you think I don't know what borrowing a pencil means? Nobody has borrowed more pencils than Shawn Hunter," he complained, just frustrated that Cory and her were still separated.

I couldn't help but smirk to myself after he settled down, leaning over to talk to him. "You know, you borrowed a pencil from me when we first met."

"Like I said I know what borrowing a pencil means."

"So, you did like me." I couldn't keep the giddy smile from twitching at the corner of my lips.

"Yeah, I liked you, Kimberly, from day one." He tilted his head cutely with that adorable smile of his, making me melt.

"Bravo, Mr. Hunter. I'm sure we all would rather hear about your love story than the fall of the Roman Empire."

"Or I like to call it, the Shawn Empire," I whispered.

"What," Shawn quietly asked, appearing amused as he sat up straighter to face me.

"I accidentally wrote that on a test when I first had a crush on you."

"Is that why you had to retake that quiz?"

"That too. It was identical to yours. Even the name." I placed my hands over my face as I died of embarrassment. I never thought I would admit that to him.

"So, you're saying you literally didn't write a single thing, and you even got your name wrong?"

I slowly nodded as he just smiled again, his own cheeks slightly rosy. "I really love you."

"As heart touching all of this is. I have a class to teach, so please, no more interruptions," Mr. Feeny interrupted, both of us blushing as Shawn pushed his hair back and we sat properly in our chairs again.