Chapter 20

Ranu prepared breakfast for the Royal family today except for Rhea, she's still not joining us to eat.

She stays locked up in her room all day and we even tried cheering her up but it's not working much. She will only smiled a little at Ramat and Radeka goofy ness and back to her gloomy self after.

Nobody bothered about her stay here and still treated her as part of the family.

Ranu's dishes weren't so great she was extremely nervous while preparing the food but no one Mentioned anything about the food quality and said it was good.

She looked relieved after hearing the praises Grandma even gave her a gift.

After breakfast the girls when ahead and showed her around the palace and I followed Jhangiani to the court room.

The kingdom has been more peaceful only simple matters are being solved, which made me wonder why the king as to be present for every small matters.

After  court was over Jhangiani and I were walking towards the library when I decided to asked.

"There was once a time there appointed personnel who handleds small matters according to Importance but soon after those personnel started taking bribes and giving justice to people who paid for it and matters that were serious and needed the kings interference were stopped from reaching the king by the personnel as per the other party as long as there pay. So when this atrocities was discovered here in the Central every matter comes directly to the king and for the other kingdoms there have governors who handled simpler issues and bigger ones   comes to the king and even though the arrangement still is corrupt we have set rules and regulations for the governors to follow before giving their final judgment" she answered.

I understand now, no matter how much we try corruption Always finds it's way into any Arrangement possible.

We entered the library and she went through books at the upper shelf and I stayed down looking at her.

From far below she looked just like a goddess, powerful and full of authority.

She always looks calm and dangerous,I wonder how she does That. Her gazes are always sharp during court making it very difficult to lie to her but there are gentle when around any of her family member.

She's just too good, close to perfection. I was still looking at her and Daydreaming when she stood really close to me and said.

"Keep looking at me like that and I would think you want to tear me apart" she said so innocently but I knew it has deeper meaning to it.

I blinked multiple times trying to hide my red chicks and scoffed at her level of confidence.

"You wish" I said shortly turning to leave.

But that hooligan just won't quit harassing me, she held me FORCEFULLY and I fell back on her front.

I felt her hot breath on my shoulder then she smiled cause of my stiff and sharp exhaling of breath.

She lightly kissed my shoulder and I almost choked out and embarrassing sound when she spoke.

"Jaanu you were saying" she asked teasing me.