TEN

( happy birthday lara <3 )

❝Dance is a poem of which each movement is a word.❞

— Mata Hari

The week went by in a blink

The evenings were boring. I spent them roaming around the campus alone and thinking. I'd go to the shop and buy strawberry snackbites everyday because I needed something to eat while thinking to produce good results. Everything seemed calm since the club activities hadn't started and I had started to recognise the upperclassmen of Calliope.

Then, on Thursday, sometime before lunch, there was a public ping and an announcement in the group chats.

All dance students to be present at the main auditorium at 16.00 sharp for the beginning of the year weekend evaluation. Penalties will be imposed if they're late even by a minute.

And this is exactly why I'm standing on stage of the auditorium alongside the nineteen other students. Most of them are confused but we have no reason to be - the dance instructors are standing in front of us while the instructors of the other programs and some homeroom teachers sit in the audience. I see the senior dance students sitting in the back row. There's Lily, there's Summer, and there's a guy named Nate who's in Clio. I've seen him hanging around with Asher a lot.

Looking around, I notice there are a lot of other students as well, curious to know what's going to go down here. Some are sitting in the gallery as well. I'd say I'm nervous to know what's going to happen but I'm not. I have no stage experience because I chose it - but that never meant that I'm afraid of standing in front of a crowd and doing something I'm confident in.

"Good morning, students," the first instructor says. She's tall, her blond hair is dyed blue from the tips and is sprawled open. She's wearing a simple blue top and a black jeans. There's an annoyingly wide smile on her face. "So, you're the lucky twenty students who've been enlisted into the dance program of this year. I'm Valeria. Your dance instructor for the next three years here at Redville. You'll gain a lot of experience in these years and you'll polish your skills. And if you need any advice, we're always here to help."