Ch 3. I.... I can see again

After six months, the training was completed and every sergent were going to have a position in the military. Under 8 Generals there are 6 platoons each and within every platoon 300 soldiers were placed.

Li Lian was placed under 2nd general as 4th platoon's head while Li Shen was placed under 5th general as 3rd platoon's vice head.

No matter which general but first platoons are the most senior as the sixth platoons are the most juniors. Any person might do good deeds and climb up to higher position.

With this everyone started their own life in their own campus under their generals.

Also the herb was purely matured before time because of the spiritual energy it got from the water.

After that, everyone got 15days time to get back to their posts. Especially platoons under general 2nd, 4th and 5th. They are to be stationed at the border side of the Chu kingdom which surrounds two sides of their own Kingdom.

This time Li Shen and Li Lian got congratulation from the Wan and Rou family while the engagement were fixed between the families, which both were not aware of.

"Gen Gen, I have a gift for you. I will not be in the capital for few days. I have to go back to my family, then come here and again go back to the border side for whole six months." Li Shen said in remorse as he gave the herb to Gen Rou. He came to meet the younger one in his garden.

"What is this? Is this a parting gift??? Will we never meet again?" Gen Rou said sadly. He reminded himself that Li Shen is just a chess piece for him but his heart does not want to believe it.

Once got betrayed, Gen Rou don't want to be betrayed twice. But his heart does not want to follow the path and always quickens whenever near Li Shen. He wants to see the person he likes so much.

"No, we will meet again Ok??" Li Shen said as Gen Rou nodded his head. "I will be leaving then. The drops of this flower can heal your eyes."

Gen Rou wanted to say something but he felt a soft touch on the scares and a kiss on his forehead, then nothing. He can just hear the wind blowing, no one restricting the wind mean no one was there now. He smiled a bit as he touched his forehead.

Gen Rou went inside his room from the garden, he want to see something good for the first time in his life.

Coming inside the room, he smashed the flower in his palm and let the juice drop on both his eyes. After three hours of intense pain he can feel the freshness he can feel in his eyes.

Slowly walking out of the door, Gen Rou opened his eyes slowly only to see the bright blue moon, one big tree and a howling strong wind. The tree's leaves were dancing as if welcoming him. The sight was too beautiful to be real.

"I.... I can see again."

A lone tear fell from both eyes. He can change his fate, finally. He can change his past, he was so happy that he laughed as he cried. Repeatedly saying "Thank you... Thank you. Li Shen thank you."

Gen Rou, after crying for half an hour he saw his face on the pond "How can you not be disgusted by such a face." He saw that his face was smooth and beautiful life a fairy but the left side of the face was so hedeous that he can't look at it more than a few seconds.

Gen Rou never told anyone that he can see, kept the mask on his face while pretending to be blind. He doesn't want to be used by others again as if he was some asset.

Li Shen and Li Lian went to their families. They were told about their engagement partners. Li Lian was angry and was planning how to kill his cousin so that he(LS) may not rise above him(LL)