Chapter 8: Forbidden

The Glastieve Dukedom has two promising sons. One who is excellent at swordmanship and one who excels at magic.

The second son who was famous for his high knowledge in the field of magic. A man who was best described as someone who use a 'mask' attitude.

He's jolly and vigorous. An attitude that people saw which was a mask. Just what's the purpose of a mask anyway? What's to keep? What to hide?

It was.....

His self.

What's with him? Why need to hide his self? He's a troubled man. But he finds salvation through his fake acts.

Covered by unspeakable regrets and nightmares from the ghosts who sleep inside his head that's how the second son of the Glastieve live his life.

Isolated from the truth where lies was the one build him up from pieces.

It was the thing that the novel never mentioned. For the second son of Glastieve was an side character who died in the rebellion of aristocrats who hated the duke of Glastieve.

It happened not long after the Evyterr in the novel escaped in the count's manor. He died on under the wrath of winter. It was cold like how his body was who found dead when the duke search in the garden pinned by sharp glazing icicles.

Blood dripped at the edge of the icicles. He is dead. He can't be revive anymore.

The novel didn't emphasize the real scenario of his death. That man was a member of Iris. He was a dear friend to everyone. Even though they know his attitude is like that they still accept him. Unfortunately, his life will end there.

The novel stated that along with his body there was bracelet whom he held so much. He hold the bracelet so tightly until his last breath.

That bracelet has a blue gemstone shaped-like an elegant gothic letter 'R' with threads of flowers.

***

A gentle breeze engulfed the place where was Evyterr was lying. He suffered a light fever after they were rescued.

The magic Raffael left was strong enough to trace them faster. They were on the side on the cliff, Evyterr was completely unconscious and Raffael fainted right after they came.

Before it all happened Raffaelo the together with Theseus where on their way to check on Evyterr. They knew Raffael was there but it took him long.

He usually never stayed longer for a visit. So, they have to check. It started rain so hard. It was only the sound of rain hitting the ground can be heard when they saw that the place was empty.

The bed was messy and both Evyterr and Raffael are nowhere to be found. The only thing noticeable was the traces of magic left leading on the forest far away.

It was Raffael's.

"Theseus, go. We need to catch the traces up."

"I have already informed the Raid Knights. They'll going the to follow us in a moment."

Theseus has the ability of Bilocation. Means he can be in a two place at the same time. There's another him who informed the knights and another him who was with Raffelo.

Raffaelo ruffled his hair upwards in distress. He knows that something really bad happened. And both of his brothers are involved. He decided to stay calm and think what he should do.

But first things first they're father should not hear anything from this incident. The duke was away to subjugate the unusual activity that happening in the Teranotch.