Chapter 2

Caelum's POV

I am so beyond pissed because of the way Darren is acting towards his mate. She did nothing to him, and he had the audacity to treat her so horribly. His mother would've killed him if she found out he hurt a woman, especially his mate.

Tia is the most gorgeous girl I have ever laid eyes on. By the few minutes I've spent with her, I can tell she is so pure and innocent. Even more perfect than how her mother described that day we had lunch. If she was my mate, no one would be able to blink twice before I made her mine.

As for her mother, I know she would never do anything to harm our pack. Unlike Darren I spend time to get to know the people around me, and Charlotte is one of the sweetest, most genuine people anyone has ever met. I hurts me to the core that I cannot change Darren's thoughts that she betrayed us.

As I'm driving Tia to the pack house, as the alpha ordered, I can't help but notice her violent shaking.

I wish there was something I can do to keep her and her mother safe and happy. I'm not sure why I feel this way towards a woman I just met, who is not my mate, but all I want to do is protect her.

I pull into the driveway and finally decide to break the comfortable silence we sat in. "Tia, I promise to you that I won't let him hurt you."

She clenches her jaw before saying, "You know you can't do that."

"Yes I-"

"No you can't! You're the Beta of the is pack, you can't just define our alpha, we both know that's a death wish!" I know she's right, but I don't care, I can't just watch her get hurt, it'll kill me.

"I don't mind dying for a good cause." I give her a weak grin.

She gives me a confused look and I waste no more time to get her inside the house. "Okay let's get inside."

————————————————————————
Tia's POV

When we make it inside the pack house I was terrified. What will he do to me? Why doesn't he want me? Is he going to kill me?

I know Caelum said he wouldn't let him hurt me which comforted me, but I couldn't help but feel scared.

"He wants you in his office, follow me." Caelum announces then guides me upstairs to the office.

As soon as Caelum turns the doorknob I tense up in fear. My feeling increases as I notice my mother isn't in here.

"Sit" Darren commands, pushing his black hair out of his face.

I immediately sit in one of the chairs across from his desk, Caelum takes a seat next to me.

Scared to make eye contact with him I put my focus on my feet keeping my gaze there.

"Listen to me..." he begins and I stare up and him, still keeping away from his eyes. "...I do not want nor do I need you as my mate. I won't kill you because my wolf won't allow me to, but don't you ever try anything with me, ever." He continued with a complete poker face. "Am I clear?"

"Yes Alpha." I reply and prepare myself for rejection.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Get the fuck out!" He yells at me.

"Aren't you going to reject me?" I ask, still incredibly confused.

"We both know that would weaken my wolf, which I can't have can I?" He explains. Of course.

I was expecting that he would reject me, and I now know that he won't. I will never reject him because although he hates me, I still hope for a relationship with my mate in the future.

"Oh well, one more thing." I decide to take the chance to find out about my mother.

"What?" He growls.

"Where's my mom?" I ask, hoping she's alright.

"Your traitor of a mother is in the dungeon, where she belongs. If you have anymore questions I would gladly take you there too."

"N-no i-it's okay, goodnight alpha." As I say this I'm battling tears. What will I do without her? She's my only family and she did nothing wrong.

I stand up and walk out of his office. Caelum follows me out. "Hey, if you don't want to be alone tonight I'm sure my mom won't mind you staying in our guest room."

"No. You've been too kind to me. I-I can't accept that." I attempted to decline the offer. It's not that I don't appreciate it, I just would never want to intrude into someone's home.

"Nonsense, my mother will love the company." I'm beginning to think he won't stop until I agree so I give in.

"I guess I'll stay for the night."

————————————————————————

Chapter 2 is done!

How do you feel about Darren?-

What about Caelum?-

Predictions?-