Chapter 2

Draco's friends had left for the night, and I had put the kids to sleep as I hummed and washed dishes in the kitchen, Draco walked over and gently placed his hand on my shoulder, interrupting my task.

"Come on, if I just use magic it'll be done in seconds, then we can cuddle and watch some movies, how about it?"

"No darling, just because you can bibbidi bobbidi boo your way out of stuff doesn't mean I'll let you," I roll my eyes at him. He gasps, offended, then smirks.

"Hey, I may not be a fairy godmother, but I can definitely make your clothes disappear at midnight," Making me gasp and throw soapy water at him, I can't believe he just said that! However, this could work to my advantage.

"Listen, I may just let you if you take over and clean the dishes my way."

"Damn it all to hell," Draco mutters.

"And as you clean you can tell me more about your friends." Draco nods as I sit down on the chair nearby, I listen to him rambling about his school years.

"Looking back on my time at Hogwarts, I recoil at how I used to treat people. I dated Pansy but I didn't care about her like that. I was selfish and didn't want to accept my feelings for you, a muggle. I tried to stop loving you, but it only hurt my friend. Despite all of that, my friends and I were inseparable. Even after Pansy and I broke up our friendship remained strong. We got into a lot of trouble together but it was always fun. I'm glad to have seen them again, I've missed them." Draco pauses, "We should finish planning Scorpius' birthday party. That will be fun!"

A few days later

Today is Scorpius' birthday. Draco took Scorpius out so that I could prepare for his party. When my parents finally arrived to help me set everything up, I greeted them with a friendly "Oh hey, mom and dad." My mom jumped right in to help me with any small tasks I was working on.

"Careful you're pregnant."

I sigh, "Wow didn't notice, so that's why I'm getting so big? And here I just thought I was getting fat." I say sarcastically, "But I can put a tablecloth on the table it's OK."

Star walks out of her room and runs to hug my dad. "Hi grandpy,"

"Hi, sweetie."

I gave up quickly fighting my mom on this, sitting on the couch for a bit until the doorknob clicked, signalling Draco and Scorpius had returned. I stand up as Draco enters the living room. "Mom, Dad your here already? I'm so sorry I wasn't here when you arrived,"

"Oh, it's ok Draco sweetie, we wanted to help y/n set up."

"And did you get to? I can't even get a cup out of the cupboard for her." Draco says, earning him a glare from me. Draco walks over to me and kisses my cheek.

"I'm her mother, I have years of practice getting her to listen to me."

Draco looks at my mom as if he has an idea, "Mom, please teach me your ways."

I look at him unimpressed, as he turns back to look at me, and chuckles nervously, "We'll argue about that later, right now let's enjoy Scorpius' birthday." 

We all enjoy each other's company for a bit. As Scorpius opens his presents an owl flies in with a letter in its mouth. I look at Draco who sits up from the couch, and walks over to the owl who hooted at him.

"Is it my Hogwarts letter?"

Draco takes the letter from the owl's mouth.  I watch as Scorpius jumps up and down upon seeing the Hogwarts crest and his name on the letter as he screams excitedly. Draco unfolds it carefully and begins to read it aloud with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. I know inside Draco was hoping none of his kids became witches or wizards, so many late-night talks of him saying he never wanted to go back, he wanted to stay away from the wizarding world forever, he wanted to protect his kids from it, Draco Malfoys half-blood children? He was terrified for them. We both also always knew that he would one day have to be a part of it again.

'I'm happy for Scorpius ever since he learned about magic and being a wizard, all he's wanted is to be a wizard just like his dad, I'm glad his wish came true.'