Chapter 1

People danced around as they raised some magical something, the glow getting bigger and taller, all wearing a black cloak. In the middle of the winter, this is something the Kingdom of the Golden Moon does. That magical something is glowing gold, the round balls looked like a golden moon, -thus the name of the Kingdom - and it would just appear at the same spot every winter season over the past thousands of years.

The people dancing is something they do to worship and praise this unknown balls of Golden Magic, believing it could bring lots of good luck, and a wealthy, healthy, long-lived life. Just dancing around in the middle of the night until the gold dies down and disappears by 2 am.

All adults are required to do the ritual, and the only Princess of the Kingdom of the Golden Moon had just turned 18. You were born on the same night these golden balls appeared, as the clock hit 12, the people would ran around in a circle, holding hands as if a way to activate the presence of the golden balls.

While in the middle of it all, a man stepped in from the shadows of the tall trees in the forest, his cloak's hood over his head as he watched in fascination of what the people - whom he calls mortals - were doing. Instead of the black cloak that everbody wore, his has a maroon colored cloak. His dark black hair falling over his eyes, and the golden shine reflected his face a light, and undoubtedly, he's one fine, handsome, gorgeous man.

His eyes shined at the golden balls, but soon trailed his eyes down from it, a girl from the other side caught his attention. Your dark red lips tempted him...the red shade of his favorite. Your facial structures is just the definition of "Perfection," and if his dark heart was as stone hard as hardened lava, in no second did the presence of you melted that stone heart away.

"LOVE," that's what they'd call it. You were meant for him. After a thousand or so years, he finally felt that warm feeling mortals explain to be called Love. He'd be lying if he says he doesn't like it. He's craving for it now.

As if time flew in a slow-motion before, everything was suddenly fast-forward, and the clock hit 2 am, the golden balls whispering out dead in the cold air.

People panted yet cheered, and lit up a bonfire to stay and follow their second ritual, after dancing for the balls, to stay and share stories until the sunrise peeks over the tips of the forest trees. He had to go home...as much as he wanted to stay, his mind may stay frozen and get unconscious about his surroundings, not risking that he'd burn under the sun's rays and vanish into thin air, forever.

Vampires have special rings that they use in the morning to protect themselves from the sun. Witch-crafted. Only that they can't use it outside when it becomes dark as the ring gives off a strong red glow that can be seen by the naked eye of a human. Glowing red in the dark means grave, deathful danger to humans, and these vmpires wish to bring no harm to innocent mortals.

And at that moment, he walked back into the dark and sprinted away. He knows where to find you, especially when they called your name, "Moon Y/n." The only "Moon" in the Kingdom. He knows you, he loved you...and he watched you grow from afar, like a separated parent...that's the kind of love he felt before. Now, it changed...and it's your romantic kind of love.
(A/n: I know the surname "Moon" in Korean doesn't really mean Moon. Just for the purpose of the story.)

...

The next night, you stood infront of your floor-to-ceiling window, staring outside from your bedroom in the castle...the winter wind howling in a calm way, as if trying to put a baby to sleep.

While doing so, you saw a red flare from the dark shadows of the forest, that red light glowed brighter and stronger, soon emerging out of the dark forest. You frowned down at the man in a black cloak, but as he lift his face up staring right into your eyes, you ducked and crawled away from the window.

Who's that creepy someone?

You breathed heavily and crawled towards your bed, going under the covers and pretended to sleep. Who was that guy out there? What was he doing here? Why was he staring at me? were your thoughts before forcing yourself to sleep.

He stared up at your window, sensing your blood running cold in fear. You shouldn't be. He rounded the castle and made way inside the main door that for some reason forced open with just a gush of wind. Maybe it was his powers...

Everybody knows him already...and they trust him enough to let him in and out of his Juliet's home. Thousand years old he is, no elderly people had questioned how he stayed so young and flawless. Walking up the stone stairs going around in circles, he climbed up like any normal human, reaching up the 3rd floor and infront of the Princess' bedroom.

Casting an odd magic, he came through the door like a ghost and stared at the hiding you under the blanket already asleep. Walking small steps, he stopped infront of the bed before sinking himself down to his knees. Holding your forehead to keep yourself still, he closed his eyes and made you dream of him. Him as in, how he looks, his name, how he is and what. And it is a dream.

He is a living, walking nightmare. Never a dream to those who knew. He doesn't want you to know as of now, and for the sake of himself. His Princess who he doesn't want to know his true well-being at the moment. He wants her to trust him before he introduce himself to her - you - and the real him.

A small smile crept upon your face as you saw him in your dream wearing the most precious smile you have ever seen. So beautiful. You might think God took all his time when he created him. Flawless, handsome, manly, strong, and everything you could ask for something perfect.

With the small smile on your face, his heart bloomed like a flower. Usually flowers bloom under the sunlight. But his bloomed under the depth of darkness, drowned beneath rough oceans for so many years. Now finally emerging deep down as it took a deep breath of new air.

Leaving a distant flying kiss like a lovesick fool, he stood up, covered himself in his cloak as he disappeared into thin air...teleported to his Kingdom.

"Jeon...Jungkook..." you mumbled in your sleep as the handsome boy introduced his name to his Juliet. "I like it..."

To be continued...

1266 words...

.•°°•☆ ☆•°°•.

Heyyaa!!! I'm usually the 2,000+ words kind of author. But this is just a short story so every chapter will be just a thousand words, and to spare my sanity as I can only write this at late nights because I am more productive at that time.

Just finished modules and it's 1 am, lol.

Please... If the updates are so slow, that's because I am busy with reading other stories, plotting and making my stories, and other business done at home.

See you in the next chapter!!