Chapter 17

I Wish... Oh How I Wish You Would Hear My Heart....

.

.

.

I woke up in the middle of the night as I was unable to fall asleep. Ryan did come to check up on me before he left for his own room. Perhaps, he stopped sleeping in the same room as Savvy's because I found his belongings in the room right next to mine.

I sat up straight and turned on the night lamp. I filled up the glass of water on the side table and drank it in one go. Maybe that would relax me and help me to sleep. Then I walked up to the window as the cool breeze teased my skin, causing goosebumps to form on them. As soon as I shut them, my stomach started feeling uneasy. I rubbed my belly as I tried to calm down the storm building inside me. However, it didn't settle.

I rushed to the washroom as I felt nauseous. I tried to puke, thinking that it might be due to the usual morning sickness. But that didn't help, too.

Suddenly, the pain shot up which started choking me. I coughed, trying to get free from the lump forming in my throat but to no avail. It was getting difficult to breath as the organs inside my body started doing summersaults.

I held onto the washbasin for support as I rubbed my belly to calm down the sudden eruptions in my body. However, it was getting out of control. I dropped to the floor as I hugged my belly and choked on my own saliva.

 I dropped to the floor as I hugged my belly and choked on my own saliva

It was getting difficult to breath. I tried calling Ryan but the pain surging through me didn't allow me to do that. I tried yelling his name or maybe getting hands on my phone to call him but to no avail.

Just then, I saw my comb on the washbasin. I grabbed it and with all the energy left in me, I smashed it right on the big wall mirror. I covered myself as it shattered into million pieces.

Suddenly, my head started feeling heavy

My eyes started closing

And then everything blacked out.

.

.

.

I could hear a lot of noise around me. There was a lot of beeping sounds which were troubling my sleep. I tried calling for Gracie to shut the door and the windows but my mouth felt like a sand paper.

I tried opening my eyes to look for water but failed miserably. I shifted myself a little so as to get closer to the side table and try again but something felt odd. My hands felt heavy. My whole body felt heavy as if I was overcome by a deep slumber. As soon as I tried to move my hand, it hurt. It was like a lot of ants were nibbling on it. It was painful and irritating at the same time.

"Brownie.", I heard a faint voice. "Can you hear me, Brownie?", the person asked and I knew instantly who that person was. After all not a lot of people address me by that name.