2

When Mia walks into the dress store she see's a woman behind the counter. She walks up and smiles at her.

"Hola, I need a dress for a dance next week" she says while clutching the money in her hand.

The woman smiles at her and says "Hola hermosa (beautiful), well a lovely lady such as yourself we will certainly be able to find you a dress."

She takes Mia's hand and guides her to the fitting room in the back. After a couple and dresses she picks this one:

A beautiful light pink dress that compliments her brown hair and skin so nice

A beautiful light pink dress that compliments her brown hair and skin so nice. She has a lighter skin shade then her sister, close to Maria's. Mia pays for it and has a little left over for the pearls. She said goodbye to the woman with a smile and walks back out to the streets. On her way out of the shop she runs right into someone.

"Oh mi, I'm so sorry" says Mia picking up her things.

As she looks up to see who she bumped into she is met with a familiar face, that same American boy.

"No it's okay I wasn't looking were I was going" he says while picking up her things.

"Graci- I mean thank you" and takes the things from his hands.

Right after that the woman in the store comes out.

"Riff Sal ahora mismo, quiero decir, no vengas aquí, no tienes permiso" - translation - "Riff get out right now i mean it don't come in here you are not allowed."

"Relax I'm a paying customer, I was just looking to buy a- "

"You were looking to buy a dress right, no, no tengo paciencia para esto, sal" - translation - "no i dont have patience for this get out"

Then woman turns to Mia ignoring Riff next to them.

"You go my dear I will handle him" and gives her a warm smile.

Mia graciously nods at the woman and hurry's on her way without looking at Riff at all, not wanting to upset the lady.

So his name was Riff, odd name, and why was the woman so aggressive to him, only one thing came to mind, he was in a gang. It only made sense he was with a group of boys and he must have been making trouble at her shop that's why she wanted him to leave.

Mia rolled her eyes just thinking of it. Gangs to her were stupid. It was just a bunch of boys trying to prove who was stronger when really they are all the same.

As she was walking back home she was snapped out of her thoughts by someone yelling.

"Wait wait hold on"

She turns around to see none other then that boy, Riff.

"What ever you have to say I'm not interested in" as Mia turns around again and starts walking.

He runs and stands in front of her which made her stop.

"Wow what's with the attitude missy" he says laughing a little.

Mia rolls her eyes.

"You are in a gang correct" she asks.

Riff nods at her.

"I want nothing to do with them or people in them they are estúpida"

"What does that mean" says Riff.

"It means stupid" Says Mia and walks around him to start walking away again.

"How do you know I'm even a gang"

Riff again walks in front of her to stop walking.

" My- what's the word Americans use.. intuition, and besides aren't all you American gangs a no Puerto Rican rule."

"I mean yeah but you see I'll make an exception for you"

Mia rolls her eyes again and ignores the fact her heart beat started growing faster.

"So were you following me because I know you weren't going in that shop to buy a dress"

"Well I- I- " Riff tries to say something to the girl but nothing was coming out.

"Your a beautiful girl and I wanted to know more about you" he finally gets out.

Mia stands there looking at him like he's crazy. She barely knows this boy and he wants to get to know her after seeing her once for only a few seconds. Not to mention he just called her beautiful.

Which she didn't want to Amit made butterflies appear.

"I- don't even know you and your American which my family won't like one bit, so please go" Mia says.

"Just tell me your name and I'll leave" says Riff.

"Mia, my name is Mia"

He smirks at the girl beneath him and kisses her cheek.

"Bye Mia"

Mia not knowing what to do just stands there red faced and stunned.

No boy has ever kissed her especially a American. Her heart was close to beating out of her chest that she though all of NYC could hear it. All she could think about was him all the way home. What was the matter with her and what just happened.

__________________________________

Hey guys, so this is my first book ever writing so, sorry if there is any spelling or grammar mistakes  and if it's not the best. Hope you all had a good Holiday 🤍

__________________________________