edward cullen - imagine

It has been ages since you've seen Edward Cullen. He left with the rest of his immortal family around a year ago when people were getting suspicious of them. It wasn't a major suspicion, but to keep up their act of being mortals, they had to leave. This was the absolute worst thing that ever happened to you. Edward was your glue. He kept you together when everything else was falling apart and going wrong, so, when it was the day that he told you that he had to leave, you fell apart. I mean, don't all things fall apart when their glue is missing?

Its is a freezing winter Friday afternoon, and you just got home from school. Your parents are still at work and they will be for the next hour or two. You take off your shoes and head to your bedroom to put your backpack down. As you're walking down the hallway, you stop in your tracks. You smell a very certain smell that triggers a thousand memories inside your head.

A thousand memories of Edward Cullen. And that's because that scent can belong to only one person, and it's him.

Y/N, you're being insane. You thought to yourself, but still, a part of you had to make sure you weren't. You turn back around and go to the living room, trying to see if the smell came from there, but it fades when you do so. You walk down the hallway and peek in the bathroom and closets, but it fades once again. Your head is now clouded with only memories of Edward and it gets hard to think about anything but him. You want to keep on looking for the possible source of the scent, and walk quickly to the last place you think it might be, which is your bedroom. You walk through your doorway knowing you are being crazy, but when you look up from your carpet, he is standing in the middle of your room.

Your breath escapes you, and you immediately start crying. The pain you have been trying to ignore for a year is no longer able to be ignored, yet, you feel relieved to see him again. To top it all off, you also feel a bit of confusion seeing him again.

"Hello, love." He says in a soft tone, wearing an expression that mirrors yours. You drop your backpack, hesitate, and then run to kiss him. He kisses you back with the most beautiful passion, and you can feel the parts of yourself being glued back in place, one by one.