Chapter 2

Roxanne was biking through Newport loving all the old mansions and all the shoppes that it had to offer. She froze when her nose picked up the smell of pine and mint, she knew that when a werewolf finds their mate, they can smell them. She follows the scent to a group of boys, most of them were wolves, that's what she could sense but there was one boy she couldn't tell what he was. Her wolf Rose was drawn towards the boy that wasn't a wolf and she let out a small growl. That boy was new to Newport, and you could tell that he wasn't from around here but where did he come from?

She watched as the boys looked at her and you could tell that they recognized who she was because they all started to drool over her beauty. The reason being is because she was one of the most popular girls in the pack and at their school all because she is Alpha's daughter and is going to be the Alpha soon. Her whole pack runs Newport and she's just glad that no one is stupid enough to mess with her or her friends.

She walked past the boys, and she watched the same boy catch her scent. She had to figure out what he was before that drove her and Rose crazy. She headed home ignoring the whimpers of her wolf wanting to be around him more to find out what he is. She walked in her front door and saw her mom and dad being all lovely and sighs in happiness because she wishes she could have that with her mate.

"Mom, Dad I'm home." Roxanne says with a smile on her face.

She watches her mom and dad split apart but look at each other lovingly. God why can't she have that with her mate, oh wait she knows why she doesn't have one.

"How was shopping sweetie?" Her mom asks.

"It was really good, I got that dress and found heels all in one trip. So today was a good day. Oh, I hope that it's ok, but Willow is gonna come over after dinner so we can work on the history homework together."

"Oh, honey you know that's ok; we are so glad that your studies are important to you as they are to us." Her dad says with a smile on his face.

"I'll start making dinner soon guys, and I'll let you know when it's ready." Her mom tells Roxanne and her mate smiling still.

Both Roxanne and her father nod, and then Roxanne went to her room so that way she could put away her outfit for her party. She placed her outfit on the mannequin so that way her outfit could be ready for Saturday. She puts her favorite outfits on it so that way they can be ready for use. She steps back smiling at her outfit and how well it works together. Her mind then wanders back to the guy back at the shoppes and why he had no wolf sent to him like the others do. She walks out of her walk-in closet and went to her bedroom to lay on her bed. She couldn't wait to tell Willow what happened on her way home. She then dozed off dreaming of that guy she met and her wolf going crazy wanting to meet him again. Roxanne then woke up at the sound of her mom's voice yelling throughout the house.

"Roxie, dinner is ready." Her mom yells.

"Finally." She says under her breath.

She finally got up and made sure to get rid of the sleep that was slowly forming in her eyes. Roxanne was becoming more excited because she knew that after dinner Willow was coming over and that she could talk about what happened on her way home. She then headed downstairs to the kitchen so that way she can help her mom set the table for dinner. She smiles seeing her mom putting the finishing touches on dinner.

"Hey momma, need any help with anything for dinner?" She asked her mom.

"No sweetheart, I'm ok. Just go ahead and sit down, I'll be right out."

"Alright. See you at the table."

She kisses her mom's cheek and then joins her father at the dining room table. Her mom came out a few moments later with a few bowls in her hand. After coming back in the dining room a few times her mom finally joined them at the table.

"This looks good mom." Roxanne says.

"Yea she's right Edythe, it looks and smells amazing."

"Thank you, David, and thank you Roxanne. Now you guys can enjoy the meal."

David and Roxanne nod and they both started to eat their dinner. Roxanne loves everything her mom makes because she knows her mom makes her food with love and care. She finishes everything at the same time as her father. She then takes her father's plate, her mom's plate, and her plate when everyone was done eating and brought it into the kitchen. She began doing the dishes so that way there is not much left for her mom to do later. She ended up finishing all the dishes, at least all the ones in the sink. Roxanne turned and saw her mother bring all the leftover food into the kitchen. She helped her mom find containers to put them in so that way she can put them in the fridge in an organized fashion.

After she helped her mom put everything away Roxanne left the kitchen after making sure that everything was done and put away. Her mom had insisted that she go and do her homework and that she will take care of the last of the dishes. She went up to her room and then texted Willow that she was ready for her to come over so they could work on homework and so that way Roxanne can tell her about the boy that she saw earlier.

'I really need to figure out what that boy is and why he is here in Newport.' She thinks making her wolf whimper at the thought of him being her mate not knowing what's going to happen because of it.