Chapter 165 - The Truth!

Henry was stunned.

So was Wendy.

The next moment, Henry sneered, “Do you think you’re a bank teller? How would you possibly have our bank records?”

Nora, however, ignored them and looked at Melissa instead. She said, “Aunt Melissa, the printer at home has already printed them out. Please get someone to retrieve them.”

The printer?

She hadn’t noticed Nora going to the computer and doing anything, though~

However, she kept quiet about it and went upstairs with the nanny instead. Within a minute, the two of them came back down with a stack of papers.

Nora took out a few sheets from the stack and passed them to Roxanne. She said, “These are the family’s income details.”

Roxanne was taken aback, but she still took the papers from Nora.

Printed on them were details of income that their bank accounts had received over the years.

Every month, Idealian Pharmaceuticals would transfer a sum of money into one of the bank accounts. They amounted to roughly five million dollars a year. This had gone on for 25 years without any interruption at all.

Most importantly, it was the only source of income for all bank cards under the Smiths!

Roxanne was stunned. “What does this mean?”

Nora’s lips curled into a smile as she answered, “Idealian Pharmaceuticals is a company under my mother’s name before she got married.”

A furious Henry retorted, “It became our joint property after we got married!”

Roxanne was dumbfounded. She said, “In other words, your entire family’s income comes from the company that your mother left behind? In that case, what positions do the two of you hold in the company, Mr. and Mrs. Smith?”

The whole family’s income came from Nora’s mother’s company.

Therefore, Roxanne had subconsciously assumed that the two of them worked in the company.

But unexpectedly, Henry and Wendy’s expressions changed as soon as she uttered the question, and both of them became rather embarrassed.

Nora’s lips curled into a smile as she said, “Oh, them? … They don’t hold any positions in there because my mother has handed the company over to a professional manager to handle its affairs.”

Roxanne, “?”

Nora looked at Henry and Wendy, and asked, “The two of you claim that you worked really hard to make money to provide for me, right? May I ask how much, if any, did the two of you make during all these years?”

Her words made Henry flush.

Wendy hemmed and hawed, unable to say anything.

Henry, however, became angry and said, “I told you, those dividends are our joint property after your mother and I got married, so that makes them mine!”

“Tsk.”

Nora smiled and said, “If I recall correctly, my mother left the company to me. Before I come of age, the company was to be managed by a manager, and the dividends entrusted to my guardian—in other words, you. The company is mine now, though.”

These were all agreed on beforehand. The manager had already shown her the prenuptial agreement a long time ago.

Even though Nora still looked half-asleep, her argument was reasonable and well-founded. She looked straight at Roxanne and said, “Therefore, their claim that they worked hard to make money is completely invalid!”