my-log: vanilla latte

"GOOD MORNING, MISS Y/N

"GOOD MORNING, MISS Y/N." Niki takes a seat in front of me, pushing his black hair back and flashing an inviting grin.

"Good morning." I reply back, looking for what I would use on him first. "And you can drop the Miss. I'm almost certain we're the same age."

"How old are you?"

"17."

"Woahhh really? You look so much older." He mumbles the last part, as he was too busy examining me out of pure shock.

"I get that a lot. How old are you?"

"I'm 16."

"Huh...You're so young."

"We're only one year apa-"

"Close your eyes." I demand, holding up a brush to do his eyeshadow. He has pretty clear skin, so I decide I dont need to use any concealer to cover his blemishes. So I go straight to eyeshadow and apply a little bit in his outer corners.

I hold his face gently and concentrate. He sort of wiggles, and he looks like he's holding back his laughter. I pull away and stare at him confused. "What is it?"

"Your fingers are so cold!!" He giggles, holding his face in the place that I had touched him.

I look down at my fingers. It is freezing cold outside, and I haven't done anything to warm myself up yet, so maybe my skin is a little cool to the touch.

Niki looks around, notices that everyone is busy with their own thing, then turns back to me. He slowly grabs both of my hands into his, covering them up and massaging them.

I want to pull away, but I don't. "What are you doing?" My voice is a bit thrown off, and my face clearly looks weirded out.

"Warming up your hands. I can't let you touch me if your fingers feel like ice cubes." His voice his low and sweet. He holds eye contact with me intensely, and never lets go of it. His lips curve into a kind smirk, and all I feel is his fingers massaging the tips of mine to help my blood circulate.

...This is making my stomach do weird flips and I do not like it.

"How do you like your new job, so far?" He starts to talk to me like normal, despite the hand holding that we're doing in my lap.

"...I like it. It's nice to do something I want to do for a change."

"You don't usually do that?"

"...Not really. I do most things for Geun...I got a job at a hotel near the hospital district to be near him. I worked often to pay for his bills. I even wear outfits he likes, and I dyed my hair to be a skunk."

"A skunk?—"

"Long story...I don't mind doing things for him, but this is the first time in a while that I'm doing something I enjoy..." I feel myself smile as my chin drops to my chest. "...And I like it."