5. Popular Ones

Staring blankly at her wardrobe, Cobie has no idea which piece of garments she should toss into her travel bag. According to the forecast, it will be dry and warm on Saturday. Is it proper to wear her sleeveless sundress? Or just stick to formal attire? It technically is still called working hours until her flight home.

Pulling her royal blue A-line dress, she roams her eyes over her blazer collections, and her eyes fall on a plain white blazer she bought last year. Once she stands in front of the mirror, she hugs the dress against her front torso and the blazer on top of it. She grins widely, satisfied with the last-minute mix and match she just did. If she can borrow a pair of white accessories from Rose, she will look like a million-dollar baby.

And why is she busy deciding what she wears on Saturday morning when the client presentation is on Friday? Who is she trying to impress?

"Focus, Cobie, focus," she mumbles, feeling stupid all of a sudden.

She's just finished writing down the rules for how to not fall for her boss, and within fifteen minutes, she broke the first rule. She glances at the yellow post-it note she stuck on her note board, where she wrote rule number one: Stop daydreaming about him.

He shouldn't be the reason for her to look good. Besides, looking dazzling isn't what she was hired for; it would be Georgia's. With Luke standing next to his secretary, they'll make a perfect representation of the Marketing Service company. And where is Cobie in the picture? Hidden behind a pile of research analysis documents, of course.

"Perfect!" Cobie groans as she throws the clothes to her bed, ditching the idea of asking Rose for some cute accessories. The mood has been ruined.

After digging for a loose shirt for sleeping and a pair of underwear, she folds everything and arranges them in her bag. It's good that she's a light traveler. As long as she has her toothbrush, lipstick, and clean underwear, she's good. When she's about to dig into her drawer to look for her toiletries bag, her laptop chimes.

BreadPitt: Still awake?

Notyourgirl: Yup.

BreadPitt: Just got back from going out with the boys. I keep forgetting about our time difference. And it sucks that we can't really talk during the day now. I missed you by a few seconds last night. I saw you go offline when I went on

Notyourgirl: Sorry. I just don't want to push it after my boss nicely warned me about this.

BreadPitt: Yeah, okay. So, what are you up to?

Notyourgirl: Just done with packing. Well, almost. Just a few more things and I'm ready for the trip.

BreadPitt: Right, the trip. What time is the flight?

Notyourgirl: Eight. Need to leave at six-thirty in the morning. Gah.

BreadPitt: That is shitty. Why didn't you pick the later flight?

Notyourgirl: As if I can. This is not a vacation where I can choose the time for my convenience. Everything is arranged by the company. All I need to do is get my ass there on time or my boss will shred my ass to a pulp.

BreadPitt: He'll surely do, he? How are things going with the message btw? Did they find the person who did it?

Notyourgirl: No. Not yet. The girl I thought did swear she knew nothing about it. And for some reason, I believe her.

Notyourgirl: So, after my boss made the guy from IT delete my message and told people that it was just a messy misunderstanding, people smirked less at me.

How to Not Fall for My Boss ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara