𝟒. 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐌𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐍'

Elle walked into her house , closing the door slowly. She walked around the house , looking in the few rooms to check if her mom was there. No surprise , she wasn't.

The girl had gone home after the boating adventure , letting the others know she'd meet up with them later. She set her backpack down on her bed. The pins on the bag jangled softly as they fell against the mattress. She sighed , looking down at her shoes.

She flopped back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling , getting lost in the fan that spun above the bed. The girl hadn't closed her eyes for more than a minute , when the soft chime of her phone alerted her awake.

J :)

ELLE. Get your ass to JB's now !

What ? What's wrong ? I just left !

Just come here okay ? I'll explain when your here. It's a long story.

Be there in 5'

The girl quickly shut her phone off. She sprung up from the bed and grabbed the bag. Thinking the worse could have happened , she ran out the door , one of her sneakers untied.

She arrived at John B's to see the group on the porch. She ran up , opening the screen door and looking completely flustered.

"What's wrong ?! What happened ?" The blonde asked as JJ ran over to her. He put his hands on her shoulders , looking her in the eyes.

The world stopped. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth , which made her even more distraught.

She shrugged the bag off , landing to the floor with a thud. JJ shook her arm. The group looked at each other confused , as Elle glared at the rest of them.

"Hello ? JJ , what happened ?"

The blonde boy turned and sat her down. "We found a gun! Nevermind that's a minor detail-"

She gasped. Her eyebrows furrowed together , as she grabbed his hand. "WHAT?"

"Yeah and uh , oh right !" John B said , looking down at his shoes. "Scooter Grubb's is dead. The Grady-White was his."

Elle put her head in her hands , as JJ sat down next to her. She leaned over on him, which caused a small smile to tug at his face.

Their short-haired friend finally stood up. "We need to have total and complete amnesia." He said , pointing at John B.

JJ spoked up , now pointing at Pope. He tried not to move much , as to not disturb Elle.

"Actually , Pope's right. For once." When the girl finally sat back up , straighting her back , he stood. He walked over to the door , as the floorboards creaked. "See , I agree with you sometimes. Deny , deny , deny."

Kie set her arm down on a pillow , shaking her head. "Guys , we can't keep that money."

A confused look crossed Elle's face. "Money ?"

The blonde boy rolled his eyes as he turned towards Kie. "Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans , Kiara."

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs." She threw her hands up. "Otherwise , it's bad karma."